Allow ECG to provide a result over 120 bpm

If you take the ECG test on the Sense when your heart rate is over 100, the result will be "inconclusive". Competitors apparently give results up to 120 bpm. I realize a resting heart rate over 100 is Tachycardia and unlikely for most of your customers, but it's a cop-out to not give any result.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @FloppyDrive. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing ECG to provide a result over 120 bpm with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

flroots
Base Runner

When I'm in Afib my heart rate tends to be above 120 bpm and this causes the ECG result to be inconclusive. Please improve the ECG capability to test for Afib with heart rate above 120. Note: can the moderator move this to suggestions. I'm not sure how to do it. Thanks

N8teGee
10K Racer

Hi @flroots.

I've notified a Moderator, hopefully they should be along soon. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @flroots. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to receive a result when your heart rate is above 120 bpm with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

daveh82
Recovery Runner

Please also provide interpretations/results for heart rates below 50bpm, many athletes have much lower heart rates. I as an amateur athlete have resting heart rates between 35 and 45bpm without being considered sick because of it. In my case, the interpretation would be "sinus bradycardia" instead of "inconclusive".

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.