Allow Fitbit devices to sync with Polar heart rate monitor

The Polar H7 chest heart monitor is so universal. I love it. Please, please allow the Fitbit watches to sync with it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

91 Comments
frangipan
First Steps

Me too. Being able to sync Polar Beat with the Fitbit app would be great. Just good to have accurate calorie burn information. 

Manocota
Jogger

It would be great! Optical HR does not make good measurements in interval trainings, and it is very important there to get accurate HR. Allowing Bluetooth connections with HR bands or making a Fitbit HR band would be a clear advantage and would give Fitbit users another reason to keep using Fitbit for their trainings.

AlexanderS
First Steps

Please add H7 to fitbit, we really need it!! 🙂 

A-Squared
Jogger

While I would love to see the FitBit (Charge 2 in my case) sync/integrate with the Polar H7, I realize it might not be practical (at least in terms of battery life). Near constant bluetooth traffic for 60 minutes/day might take a toll on the watch...

If that option isn't practicaly I would at least love to be able to combine data streams... I LOVE the Charge 2 for "24/7" heart rate data. And the 5 second sample rate is what lead me to choose the Charge 2 over the Garmin VivoActive HR at twice the price...

I'd love to be able to merge the H7 workout data with the FitBit "rest of the day" data. I suppose timestamps and things would have to be accounted for... Not sure how feasible it is, but would love to see it happen.

If something like this isn't feasible it would be interesting to know why (too expensive? Technically not worth the cost/effort? Polar unwilling to play ball?).

Thanks for listening Smiley Very Happy

Jay86
Recovery Runner

Just stopped by to say I agree. I have a Flex 2 and an H7 and would love to intergrate them. Right now I use Polar Beat which then syncs to Google Fit which then links to myfitnesspal which then links to FitBit. Would much prefer to cut out the middle apps!

monabisa
First Steps

Please integrate the H7/Power Flow app & FitBit Charge 2/Fitbit App!! Would love to see my spinning data using the gym's H7 link up 🙏🏻

FeAlmeida
Jogger
Guys, i truly don't think FitBit cares about this thread neither to users'
feature requests - what a pity!
BlondTriathlete
First Steps

@FeAlmeida - Unfortunately I think you are correct! 

Sadly, my fitbit and my wifes fitbit have been shelved in favor of Garmin VivoActive and Garmin ANT+ Chest Straps for our workouts and tracking. I would have much preferred to have a Fitbit option. 

Fitbit, it really should be this simple - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwc3HKnMcN4

Free76
First Steps

Hi- I am enjoying the Fit Bit Charge 2. The only thing I need it to do is to track my high intensity workouts. I did an hour sculpt

class and it always logs it as 237 calories burned. I burned more walking for 45 mins according to fit bit. 

There is no way that is correct. 

Can I buy the Polar H7 chest strap for high intensity workouts and can I sync it with my Charge 2? How can they communicate so I can have all the data in one place that is most accurate?

thanks!

HNME
First Steps

I love Fitbit.  But if you're not going to offer a chest strap, then let us sync data from another manufacturer-just like the hidrate bottles, the Thermos bottles, and many diet/nutritional logs like My Fitness Pal & LoseIt!  If Fitbit comes out with a chest strap, that would be great.  But until then, let users use all available tools to track their progress.

Yokke
First Steps

I give up. I have sold my newly bought Charge 2 for half price just to get rid of it fast and instead bought a Polar which can measure pulse and location with high accuracy. Bye Fitbit!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Wearing both my Polar H7 and Charge 2 at once during high intensity interval training and the calories burned is off by at least 150 every workout. There should be an easy way to replace the exercise in the Fitbit app with what I've recorded on my H7. Maybe I'll start taking off my Charge 2 and use Jay86's workaround-- although it seems like a ridiculous amount of work for something that should be easy. 

sonya_girl
Powerwalker

I would love integration with the Polar app.

JimCalf
First Steps

I agree that unless fitbit adds the ability to sync a high accuracy heart rate tracking device (Chest strap or other) that there simply is not the accuracy needed for high intensity workouts.  Please add the ability to sync popular chest straps, or make a fitbit chest strap!  Something to keep us from leaving for Garmin or other vendors.

I've seen that Under Armor now has a combo back of wrist band and wristband.  it's a great idea!

Jay86
Recovery Runner

@SunsetRunner There is now one less step in this workaround. If you get Polar Flow (as well as Polar Beat) and sync that to MFP, you no longer need GoogleFit. Polar and MFP now talk directly to each other on Android.

FeAlmeida
Jogger
Thanks for letting us know,
Yet. I don't think this is very useful. For me the great advantage of
having Polar integrated with Fitbit is to replace that inaccurate wrist
heart monitor so I can use *during* my activity. Seeing it afterwards,
isn't that useful.

Pity that Fitbit got to that arrogant place that ignore its customers (now
many ex-customers) needs.
Jay86
Recovery Runner

It is still far ideal but a step closer. GoogleFit to MFP had a habit of adjusting my calorie burn and I had to change it every time so this is better. 

yeah! 

I totally need that!

let please the blaze be able to get data from a chest strap when it's needed, thanks!

atborgs
First Steps

Hey friends from fitbit, I would love to have this feature! Although you guys compete against Polar would be great have this integration. I am planning get another gadget to replace my current fitbit and I am seriously thinking about change the brand. I've got a Charge 2, after few months of use it I had to replace the band and it was hard to find one in the retails stores here in Toronto. Of course I would consider my decision based on this integration. Otherwise, I am strongly tending to purchasing an A360.

ginole
First Steps

Fitbit!  What's going on?  I just purchased the Polar H10 and in my opinion you guys are behind the power curve by not yet allowing Fitbit devices to sync to Polar straps.  Let's make this happen, or make a compatible, comparable chest strap. 

In the meantime I will comb the web for ways to use both. 

Very respectfully,

Thanks

Drogoth
First Steps

Same as the above. Just bought a polar h10 and this is a must have feature. Compatibility is key to an healthy app ecosystem.

happiecappie
First Steps

would really love to see integration and syncing possible between Polar Flow and/or Polar Beat and Fitbit.

rickstaa
Keeping Pace

This feature would be amazing so add me to the list.

+1

vinoydaniel
First Steps

I have been using the Polar H7 sensor since ages and there is no doubt on the accuracy it provides. I recently started the using the fitbit charge 2 and at some point I still believe that the heart rate sensor is more accurate than the Optical heart rate monitor. The technologies are all different and fitbit is the best within its range of devices and we do not have any complains on this but request the fitbit community to integrate this sensor to the application so that we can use the fitbit device\app to the maximum.

Bajohnson90
First Steps

Did anything ever come of this? Would be fantastic to use my surge with a h7/h10 chest strap, as for longer distance/ events I am forced to use polar simply for its accuracy. I much prefer the Fitbit interface, but we all know wrist HR is limited.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.