0 Votes

Allow Fitbit for under 13

Before you decline this feature request (as I've seen with others of the same thread) - the feature request is to see if Fitbit would change its policies and start catering to younger kids - with accounts and in actual trackers.  Reality - many parents are buying fitbits for kids under 13 anyway and you might as well embrace the trend (and make some money off of it).

Almost every other kid in my son's school has a fitbit or some type of tracker (suburbs) and I'm sure it's even more prevalant in more affluent communities.  Fitbit should really consider catering to the younger kids and get them into the Fitbit community early and be to have their parents/guardians setup accounts as sub-accounts and link them accordingly.

Moderator Edit: Labels

2 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
AlejandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello! Woman Happy Fitbit users need to be at least 13 years old. For more information about this topic, I recommend checking our terms and conditions here.

See you around! Woman Wink

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Fitbit Ace 2 that can be setup in the Family Account. You can find more details about how to setup the Fitbit Ace 2 here.

@Zeekay, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and we hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.