Allow More Fitbit Devices than Ace to Family Account

I am frustrated that I cannot give my Fitbit blaze to my daughter and use the family account. The only device it will allow you to since is the Ace. The Blaze is far better and it would be extremely useful to her. The only way I can have her use the Blaze is to lie about her age and create a single account for her. Please allow other devices on the family account for minors. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

653 Comments
JamesNeedsName
Recovery Runner

This appears to have been an issue for several years, now. FitBit and Google clearly have no interest in listening to their customers and making the required software changes to allow the parents to make the choice of device while still adhering to privacy laws. I guess I'll be returning the device I got and going with another company that allows parents to make parenting choices.

Stef123
Recovery Runner
Do not completely block the use of for instance Inspire 3 for -13 year olds.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Stef123, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about allowing more Fitbit devices to be set up for children on the Family Account with us. Because this product feedback was already requested on this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.