Allow More Fitbit Devices than Ace to Family Account

I am frustrated that I cannot give my Fitbit blaze to my daughter and use the family account. The only device it will allow you to since is the Ace. The Blaze is far better and it would be extremely useful to her. The only way I can have her use the Blaze is to lie about her age and create a single account for her. Please allow other devices on the family account for minors. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

653 Comments
melawati
First Steps

It's ridiculous that the Flex 2 is a far more child friendly device (waterproof, can be used for swimming, much more robust) than the Ace and yet cannot be used on a family account.

PapaSjim
First Steps

Please enable the possibility to add the Charge2 in the kids account. We just pre-ordered a Charge3 so our 12 year old son can use the old one (which we have had for no more than about 16 months now.

Amberl92019
First Steps

While it’s great that Fitbit created a device for children, I purchased a Fitbit that shows my sins heart rate.  I wanted him to have that feature and learn more about his fitness.  I wish I could add this as my child’s Fitbit.

I am in the same situation as most people here. 

Bought a Charge 2 for my daughter and can't open a family account and add this.

It feels pretty much like blackmailing parents into buying an Ace when this device may not be the device of their or the childrens choice. 

Customer Service was no help in this at all. 

Easy solution should be that Customer Service can open a family account with an Ace they have for this purposes than parents can simply "change device" once the family account is open. I do not understand why this is not already in place. You are creating a lot of unhappy customers here. 

mr_nz
First Steps

Why limit family account to an ace...this is absurd!! My son has my old Fitbit HR but I cant create a family account for him is ridiculous. Come on Fitbit don't be so greedy.

A-hames1
Recovery Runner

Purchased a versa. Given charge 2 to my 10yr old. She passed her Alta to our 7yr old.

heard about the Ace and family account but why buy a new fitbit when we have spares in the house?

gutted I can’t add them all to the family account.

it gives me the option to add devices but then it interrupts my data and gets very confused!

cant believe you’ve never thought to create a family account for everyone to use.

dont forget lots of kids don’t have iPad/iPhone/email accounts - to set up there own. Now my kids will loose their data because I can’t attach them onto my account.

sort it out Fitbit!

OBNurse2007
First Steps

I recently purchased a Versa and passed my Charge 2 down to my son so I could monitor his sleep and steps.  I am VERY DISAPPOINTED that I can't see any of his data because I can't set up the Charge 2 in the Family Account.  I was thinking about breaking down and buying the Ace, but the band is too small for him so I would have to buy an Alta band to fit him.  Then I realized the Ace doesn't even monitor HR.  I'm Done!!  After reading and looking around in these forums it is clear that Fitbit has been aware of this problem for many months now and still no resolution.  I am ready to buy now, so I will be forced to look outside the Fitbit brand in order to meet my needs.  

Too bad Fitbit.  You should probably get this resolved immediately before you lose any more of your following.  

cecilia.pearl
Recovery Runner
I am really considering the kids Garmin.
Cecilia Miller

Sent from my iPhone
BusyDad
Jogger

I have upgraded from a Charge 2 to a Versa and would like my son to use my old fitbit. I also vote to let the parent decide which fitbit to link rather than just restrict it to the Ace. At some point I will pass on my versa if Fitbit add this funtionality to the family account 

InclineVlgMom
First Steps

This seems like a no-brainer.  Why am I restricted to only the Ace device for the child account?

I now have 4 fitbits and have no intention of buying another when the Aria works fine for 

my daughter.  Fitbit should fix this ASAP

Kittiot
Jogger

Please add this feature... my kids want fitbits for Christmas but my son refuses to have a "little kid" fitbit. The alta hr can be found for the same price and he wants the heart rate monitor... but I can't add this thing onto a family account. 

Bummer. Please fix  

Myfear
First Steps

Same here. I got a new Charge 3 and my 10y/o daughter was bugging me to get my old Charge 2. Bought an S wristband and started setting up her new device. And ultimately ended up lying about her age and losing the family account features. That sucks badly. I'm not going to pay for the ace when I have a spare tracker that is fine and working.

WalkingDahlia
Recovery Runner

Add my voice to the slew of disappointed parents. It's absurd that I have a perfectly good Flex sitting in my drawer, but the only way my 11 yo can use it is if I lie about his age. Absolutely maddening. If you want Fitbit to become a family brand--and you should absolutely want that--let parents assign their kids any device they deem fit. 

Garrym247
First Steps

We have 5 blaze devices but as there has been no movement on this I’ll be swapping out to Apple Watch this Christmas.   I have seen the moderator comments, basically canned responses as they are all the same.   No one has looked to see this is clearly something that customers want.  Does it make them more money for this feature possibly, does it erode some of the value of the kids specific product, probably, but not listening to your customers is the WORST thing a company can do.  Especially one with such an emotional proposition.   It’s a shame when companies stop listening.  We join you because we buy into your values, when you don’t behave in a way we expect we move on.  

ngamradt
First Steps

Purchased a Fitbit Versa for my 12 year old daughter.  I have no intention to start lying about her age in order to create an account.  Why am I limited to only getting a Fitbit Ace for her?  This makes no sense.  I will be taking this device back and getting her a different gift for her birthday.

Alaycia
First Steps

I agree with this suggestion! I’d love to be able to give my daughter my Alta when I get the charge 3. From what I read the ace band would work on it so that would be ideal for our family. Please, make it so! ☺️

Boymom2006
First Steps

I check back every few months hoping that Fitbit has updated the accounts so I can up grade my son's fitbit, that we bought in the hopes of this upgrade happening. Every time I check I am sorely disappointed to find that nothing has been done. We enjoyed the ace and still do but he wants more options and when my oldest is upgraded my youngest will inherit the ace. We are a fitbit family, my parents, my in laws, my sister and her family. While I understand the frustration I am not willing to LIE to set my child up with a fitbit account of his own, isn't that why we cannot add our childrens photos and really personalize their portion of the family account because Fitbit seemed to be concerned with the safety of our kids, not to mention the hassle of signing out of mine to sign into his to sync up. And I know these types of things take time, it just seems like it was a bit short sighted not to make it a possibility for other fitbit besides the ace to be added on the family account. I hope Fitbit figures it out relatively soon. 

Tranicky
First Steps

This is CRAZY! I have two brand new Charge 2 for my kids 12 and 9... I want to use ALL the Fitbit features on their accounts. This is just about sales for Fitbit! very disappointed I have to lie about my kids' age to get their own accounts for this device... or have them linked as a family... 

Step it up Fitbit or its Garmin and Apple watches for us!

Julia_G
Ultramarathon Racer

Hi, @Tranicky, I do agree with you -- except I really don't think that this is about sales for Fitbit.  My understanding is that they have only recently entered the market for kids' trackers and are reluctant, for the moment, to officially endorse Fitbit devices with HR monitors for children, as that would raise lots of issues -- for example weight monitoring, calories etc.  There is a lot of controversy regarding this for children under 12 or 13.  I believe the Garmin for kids also does not offer HR monitoring, and Apple does not market any of its watches as kid friendly, far as I know.

I expect it will come, but I think for very good reasons, Fitbit is treading carefully... 

WalkingDahlia
Recovery Runner

They could at least allow kids to use the Flex.

YSNB
Jogger

I owned Charge2 and purchased Charge3. So now my son can switch from Vivo to Charge2.

But fitbit doesn't allow us to add Charge2 under his account, sad.

Ace might be a great device but Charge2 should work as well.

Please let kids use Charge2!

Thanks

cecilia.pearl
Recovery Runner
I feel sad. My whole family is a Fitbit user (4 Ionics), etc....  Just bought Garmin for kids, because it is waterproof, for my granddaughter's birthday.  Next one to buy 11/28.  If Ace not waterproof by then, will buy another Garmin.Sadly,Cecilia Miller
el_street
Stepping Up

I agree. I just upgraded to a Charge 3, and now my Charge 2 just sits unused. I would like for my daughter to have a Fitbit that I set up with a child's account, but I refuse to buy an Ace when I have a perfectly-functioning Charge 2 laying around.  Please consider allowing other Fitbit devices to be set up with a child's account.

DominicaM
First Steps

Cannot believe kids can only use the Ace - so disappointing. Have just purchased a charge 2. Now what?!

casadelopez
First Steps

My son has been asking for a Fitbit for quite a while and I was so excited to give him the Charge 3 for his 8th Birthday. I can't find anything on the packaging that states it's for 13 and up only. Now I have to lie to create an account for him! This is so frustrating!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.