Allow Music transfer from phone

In the near future, please incorporate the ability to transfer music directly from your phone library. Preferably, this feature would even be available offline.

One grievance I have here is that it can only be done, online, with a computer installed with the FitBit software.

It seems minor, but, there are plenty of reasons this feature is troublesome; for example:
-can’t be installed on a computer (administrative rights on a work computer?)
-or not being able to connect to the internet (when traveling)
-or the connection is terribly slow.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

305 Comments
JoyE74
Recovery Runner
I agree, they don't care.  They got our money.  It makes me mad that they couldn't at least acknowledge us.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Robbietot
Recovery Runner

Probably scientoligists!!

JoyE74
Recovery Runner
🙂
Robbietot
Recovery Runner

New software update! Still can't transfer music from phone!! Come on fitbit!!! Noticed you had time to make two new products but still not fix this issue!!! Unbelievable. Anyone know a moderator to tag?!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend
csmret15
First Steps

So fitbit can develop a new smart watch but cannot fix the problem of transferring music. I knew it was too good to be true when I reviewed the Ionic, should have gone with my gut and purchased the Apple Watch instead.

Mr-Eko
First Steps

Yea it’s gettin beyond a bit of a joke now it’s not rocket science to make it possible to add music straight from yr phone, thy have time to make new products but can’t even sort issues with previous products 😡 wish I could return my ionic. I should have bought an Apple Watch 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Not sireshow complex it is or even what protocol is used in transferring music. Yes it might not be rocket science, but we have no knowledge of what is required. 

One more point I have, what is considered an issue with some is merely an inconvience for others .and their are always some that do not find it an issue at all. 

My thought is it either cantcabe doe easily or Ed developers never thought tat people would want it

Robbietot
Recovery Runner

@Rich_Laue regardless brother. It I'm my eyes was an absolute asinine gameplan to even not consider transfer music to phone. I mean we live in the era of smartphones mainly now. To not think some one would complain about thist, I would rethink my software team.  And it's only going to go higher and higher in its usage and getting better with the cell phones (hell 2 years ago, phone usage went up like 65% or something like that). I brought this up in January I believe but then someone told me and then when I looked another buyer brought it up in September. Yet there has been just a simple response of keep your eyes on this thread. You might be right on not many people might not have a problem with it, but seems like many do, yet they have time to make two new products and not at least update us on the music transferring. I would love to go on a jog without my big **ahem** phone, regardless if the music doesn't sound as good. 

In my eyes it's just a scam to get us to purchase Amazon  or Pandora prime. I don't use either. 

If it sounds like I'm complaining at you, I'm def not, it's absolutely as fitbit. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I'm what way does Fitbit Ben Igor from a user buying Pandora? It sounds more like Pandora on its agreement with Fitbit has chosen their payed subscription to be the parh and Fitbit has to either say no or allow Pandora BTW a user can not add Pandora without a phone. 

Robbietot
Recovery Runner

Idk what you mean 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I am a Linux User and have to work with a virutal PC. That's so frustrating.

The transfer ist very very slow. Sory but the complete situation is like in the 1990s. Today we have other solutions. Open a Server on the clock (cifs/ftp/...) where you can just copy the files to ist and do not need a stupid program...

Jencairns66
First Steps
I managed to transfer music once I up graded to windows 10 and deleted and reloaded iTunes but now the prob is that it’s having to pair my head phones with it all the time easer to use my phone

Sent from my iPhone
Robbietot
Recovery Runner

So fitbit came out with another software update with a new app for music called deezer! Got excited! Excited hoping we can transfer music from phone but nope just another pay by the month after a 3 month trial app! 

I will never give positive feedback on the products. 1 person tells  3 and so on and so on, congrats guys! 

But good job on making new products!!

So i guess it's not that hard for them to pump out new software. 

Whatever done **ahem**ing about it. Thanks fitbit for not giving a **ahem* about current customers.  How about help the customer instead of helping other 3rd party apps to try and get more of our money. 

Just be prepared the next gen smart watches. You can def count me out on a fitbit!!

Jencairns66
First Steps
Sent from my iPhone
csmret15
First Steps

“Store & Play Music
Store and play 300+ songs on your watch—plus download your favorite stations or curated workout stations from Pandora.**”

this is what got me to buy the Ionic instead of the Apple watch. Big mistake! Where is the fine print telling me I would need a computer and special software to transfer music to the Ionic? Waste of money to pay for an feature I cannot use. Please tell people upfront and honestly that they will need a computer and software to use this watch.

mattdroy
First Steps

I have a work computer that has Win10 installed but is locked down.  This does well for most things so i have a chromebook as my "personal" computer.  I can get the FitBit app but the WiFi portion does not connect. As i found out, apparently this is not a supported OS...yikes.  So for the music, i can't load the app on my work computer and then my personal computer won't allow me to connect.  I have an Android phone but can't load music from there either.  I was really excited to get the Ionic and weighed many options. Wish i had looked a little closer at this process as i may have gone with my second option.

Robbietot
Recovery Runner

I can tell you too, this new update does nothing but drain my battery.  Had it charged to 100% last night already down to 67% before, this update I charged it once evey 4 5 days maybe even went longer.. 

Runnermike
Recovery Runner
This is exactly right! Misleading for sure.
Buzzsaw
Strider

I can't believe the methodology Fitbit used to transfer music. I would bet the vast majority of people use theit phone... NOT a PC to keep track of their Fitbit. Why not have the ability to transfer music from your phone???!!!

LCFulmer
Recovery Runner

I so agree; I'm trying to transfer now and it is taking several hours. In addition my watch keeping coming out of transfer mode.

So I completed the painstakingly process of getting some music transferred onto my watch. It took several hours last night and today before I got all 90 songs on; yup only 90 songs. Here's what I had to do:

• Install software and FitBit base station
  • Allow it to sync before going to the Music option
  • Put watch in transfer mode then select Personal Music under music folder in app on laptop
  • Keep eye on watch to make sure Transfer in Progress appears
  • Keep eye on watch making sure the End Now option don't appear if it does then the connection is lost
    • If connection is lost (usually after 20 min) End Now on watch appears
    • Press End now
    • Close FB app on computer
    • Wait 10min to restart entire process
    • If it don't reconnect close APP on computer and restart watch wait 10min then start over again

I did this at least 10 times before all of the music was transferred over; I counted that after about 6 - 15 songs it will drop the connection. Good part is after I reestablish the connection it will pickup where it left off at. Per chat support its recommended that one should only try 1 playlist at a time consisting of no more that 20 songs. 

My laptop & FitBit is on the same WiFi and literally was 10 ft from the router. I even turned off blue-tooth on my phone which is my primary device for syncing FB. I want to add more songs but don't have that kind of time to waste nor patience to do that task again.

Oh yeah I had get the music downloaded to my laptop; I purchase all my music via Google Play. Then copy the playlist to the Plalist folder for Windows Media Player.

Rience
First Steps

As most everyone stated, what a disappointment it was to find out I needed a PC to accomplish media transfer - and a Windows 10 PC no less!  I've been trying with a Windows 7 laptop, and after 9 hours and multiple disconnects, I finally transferred 2 playlists containing 150 songs each (2.4GB).  Had I known about this limitation I would not have bought the Ionic.  As it is, I will never buy another Fitbit, and will probably stick Amazon with the return.  Congratulations on an epic fail.  At the very least you should create a better method to sync music (cell phone app, Bluetooth, direct over USB connection,...) for those who decide to keep this gadget. 

Jlacy1010
Recovery Runner

What good is the Iconic when I can’t transfer music from my IPhone or IPad? I don’t own a desktop or a Mac! Ridiculous!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

That is my thought, why advertise an option that every year is available to fewer and fewer people. Many have simply given up their laptops and home computers since the phone does everything they need.

ruralgaming
First Steps

Why can't you just wireless transfer music from your cell phone to the Versa? I thought it would be a lot simpler to transfer music than it currently is.

Would it be possible to implement that feature??

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.