Allow Spotify offline on Versa series and Sense

After long time Fitbit released a Spotify app for Ionic/Versa (for now only on Versa 2). See this suggestion now marked as solved.

However this app does not allow to download music for offline listening (for example while working-out).

Hence this new suggestion.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

328 Comments
AllStar7
Jogger

Has it not been over a year since this suggestion was marked as Under Consideration?

Like how long does it take to "consider" an idea that should have been in place from the start.  Spotify is widely popular and is one of the most used streaming services, if not the most.

Garmin and Apple both have integrated this feature into their watches.  We have the ability to stream, just add the ability to download music onto the app as well!

Areyouseriousno
First Steps

This has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I pay a monthly fee for Spotify and now I'm being asked to pay $13 a month just to be able to leave my phone at home and listen to music. Disgusting greed and leaning on other features and ignoring this major issue is despicable. This is years old now, did you want me to code it up? Or will your management hold it back to sell the versa 4. Pathetic

JoyBoreli
First Steps

Know when u get an early xmas present? That happiness, the excitment, u open it, tears of pure joy from ur eyes, u take time, do every configuration step with caution,  and then..... IS A POTATO! Wish I had acess to this communite before... what a waste! No offline Spotify... My gramma's watch, my earbuds and my phone do a better job!

Doccharis
Jogger
I had the Fitbit Ionic.

Tolu Ayodele
WillBeOk
First Steps

That's incredible, i've a versa 3 and the price is almost the same of other competitor smartwatches that provide this feature build in. Please add it!

CharlesM99
First Steps

So glad I checked here first. 

Definitely not going to buy a Fitbit now!

What's the point if I need to bring my phone with me to listen to music on a run??

l0ta
Recovery Runner

A year after buying my fitbit we still have no answer related to this... I thought with the fusion of Fitbit with Google things would change. But looks like I bought a device that was doomed to be obsolete since day 1. Very sad. A friend of mine that was fitbit client for 10 years changed recently to garmin. And I am starting to think about giving mine in exchange of another brand.

Tomhartill
First Steps

The lack of offline Spotify music is the only thing stopping me buying a new fitbit. I just can't wrap my head around why this isn't a feature?! A lot of people have Spotify, I've never even heard of Deezer! My next smart watch needs to be able to let me run without carrying my phone, this is a deal breaker.

Hridyesh
Jogger
Its more then 2 year for this feature request, i really can' t believe it.
I throught after acquiring by goggle, fitbit will be more customer focused
but looks like they dont care, they are busy to rollout features which
required primer membership and get :money_bag:. I recently brought gramin watches
for my family members which support offline spotify.Sooner or later they
will realise how much customers they are losing because of this feature.
kdogg240
First Steps

Was so excited when I received the Sense for Christmas thinking I could download music to it.  Obviously have been disappointed finding out this is not a feature that works with Spotify.  Over 2 years to "consider" a new feature is ridiculous.  Should have got a Garmin 😔

gmartin010
First Steps

Why still no solution? 

Kanaenae
Walker

This feature would realluy be helpful

Doofee
Jogger

I'm incredibly frustrated that Spotify isn't available offline. I bought a Fitbit Sense believing that I could go for runs phone free. Now I'm stuck with an expensive remote control. What the f*** Fitbit?!

bebop55
First Steps

Any update on how likely this feature will be implemented? I purchased a fitbit sense and my wife got the versa 3 over xmas and we were under the impression that we could play Spotify music on the trackers without a phone when running. If it looks like this feature will not be implemented I would rather return both trackers. 

AcmeAlphA
First Steps
If you have the chance, better return them and get other ones. This issue
has been ongoing for a long time. I've had my Sense 3 for over a year and
no response at all from Fitbit.
I'm definitely changing when my device reaches its life cycle.
norakh
Jogger

When will it be an option for users to listen to music offline on Spotify or the ability to save music files to the sense for offline listening? It was not clear that this was not already a feature when I purchased the sense, it's really disappointing to not have this feature on a device at this price point. 

Kanaenae
Walker

Its nearing the 3 year mark since this suggestion was posted and still hasn't been released. 

Ronald71
Jogger
So sad… and the advertising still isn’t clear about this failure.
tessabohn
First Steps

This is something that makes me debate moving away from using a fitbit. When I go for a run or do a workout, I want to be able to leave my phone at home... This is why I would buy a smart watch! Please put some strong consideration into being able to download playlists/music to the Fitbit from Spotify, because currently, being able to Pause and skip songs is kind of useless and the way fitbit is marketing the Versa and Spotify compatibility is misleading. 

Versatilizer
First Steps

Its a shame to keep so demanded feature in ‘consideration’ for over a three years.

At least the marketing message must be more clear about listening to music with Sense

Areyouseriousno
First Steps

If this isn't possible then mark this as closed with no solution. I know I will never be buying another Fitbit product if this is how you treat customers

Kuriketto
Jogger

I second this ^

Just to say: i work in the aerospace industry, I know things move at a snails pace sometimes. However, even WE would have had this released by now. Whats the holdup? Spotify?

tessabohn
First Steps

I have a feeling that they are holding out to just release the new Pixel watch with more features and then Google will eventually do away with Fitbit all together. But three years is way too long and the misleading advertising led me to buy my watch. 

StevieA
Recovery Runner
This request has been raised a number of years ago. The fact that Fitbit have never even communicated one way or the other that they would deliver this capability should clearly show that they do not care about their customers other than trying to sell them the latest piece of equipment that they have released. This is only one of a number of items, basic defects on the Ionic that again have been raised years ago that they have not even tried to fix, clearly highlighting how much they value customer loyalty. No doubt this post will be taken down in the same way that others that highlight the attitude the company show to their customers. The one thing that I am disappointed in, I thought things would improve once taken over by google but hey some things just don’t change.

Sent from my iPhone
Ronald71
Jogger
and the misleading advertising led me to buy my watch.

Same with me.
Are there autorities with can be informed about misleading advertising?
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.