Allow a member to be able to customize their daily calorie goal

I want to be able to input my specific daily calorie goal based on my medical weight management program recommendation.  My daily calorie goal is adjusted by the weight management MD during the weight loss process, and the calorie deficit is based on our tested Base Metabolic Rate from which our daily calorie deficit is determined. It is not helpful having fitbit decide how many calories a day I should be consuming and the tracking based fitbit's idea of my daily calorie goal, rather the the goal prescribed my physician. Please create the ability to allow a member to set their own daily calorie goal. This would greatly increase the meaningfullness of fitbit tracking of my activity, calories consumed and burned, etc.  As it is now, I am finding the app fairly meaningless other then for tracking steps and sleep quality.

11 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Valeria55, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about being able to customize the daily calorie goal! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

MrsTre
First Steps

I'm really shocked and disappointed that you can't customise your daily calorie goal. This needs to be sorted. Whilst the calorie goal Fitbit has assigned me isn't unreasonably, I have similar reasons as Valeria55 and need to have a greater calorie deficit for at least a few weeks, then to be able to gradually increase it.

Tsquared94
First Steps

Yes I agree setting your own daily calorie goal should be an option! My goal is to gain healthy weight. The daily calorie goal set by Fitbit is entirely too low and will not help me gain weight. In fact, I will lose weight if I only eat the amount of calories suggested by Fitbit. Users need the option to set their own daily food calorie goals.

olifulch
First Steps

Fairly sure this used to be a feature (before I used FitBit). If so, very disappointing that it was removed. The automated goal-setting system on the app is great... for people that do not have their own, more personalised and rigid plans.

JoshuaNormal
Jogger

We need the option to enter our own calorie goals if your algorithm based food plan tool isn't going to support weight gain.

Anyone trying to build mass through weightlifting needs the ability to increase caloric intake. I'm at 3500 calories per day, with Fitbit's suggested 2500 to maintain my weight I was losing weight each week.

This isn't an unreasonable request and literally was an available option in the past.

Until this gets added I'm stuck using other apps to manage my diet.

Magiggles
First Steps

This. PLEASE DO THIS! 

I don't understand why this isn't a thing, I'm here in my disappointment of finding out this "perfect" app I've become super adjusted and addicted to using is going to be "worthless" for how I intend to structure my diet going forward. 

And... There's no reason for it.

Anniemae123
First Steps

Hi please add rebounding to fitbit.

Its a big part of my fitness routine

Thanks 

Ann

Jessicac3
Jogger

Please add this topic to the other existing topics requesting weight gain programs and features to be added. This is now the 4th topic I have seen on adding these features and I would like the Fitbit development team to take this request seriously.

Talibibi
Jogger

Another vote for being able to set your own calorie goal without picking a weight goal/plan.  My RDN gave me a target and I want to use that not the automatic one set by FitBit.

clark1725
Jogger
Please add in a way to have your starting daily calorie goal so you can have that be your starting point daily. This would allow a better macro and calorie goal and help people with their weightloss goal. This would make fit bit tracking a great item. Would keep people from having another app they prefer over fitbit
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @clark1725, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to add your own daily calorie goal. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.