Allow multiple devices on the same account (Sense/Versa series, Inspire, Charge & Luxe)

Be allowed to have both a Fitbit Versa and a Fitbit Ionic on the same account so you can easily switch between them.

Moderator edit: Title & Labels

2,034 Comments
3valve
First Steps

I actually purchased a Flex today when my Zip's battery died, thinking I could switch to the Flex when I don't have pockets - I dumped my Nike Fuelband simply because I can't stand wristbands, but sometimes I just don't have a place to clip my Zip! I was soooo sad to see I can't easily switch between the two.

dyanmj
First Steps

I was just about to purchase the Flex so that I could wear it on weekends and on vacation since I also wear the ONE under my work attire.  I'm so glad I checked this discussion board first.  I will wait until this feature is added before I make that purchase.

enothebeano
First Steps

Does anyone know if there is a way to have 2 devices on the same account? I use the fitbit one for the gym and want to get another one (for convenience ) for work. I tried but it was forcing me to open a separate account. Doesn't make sense.

debs
Recovery Runner

I also agree. I would be OK with only one registering if when I chose to wear my one, I could log the steps manually in my dashboard.

MaryMac2
First Steps

This is my #1 problem with the fitbits. I use a Fitbit 1 on my treadmill desk since my flex doesn't work while I'm on the computer. But when I'm not on my treadmill I put my Flex on.

I would learn to live with this (unhappily) it you could manually enter steps from another tracker, or the number of steps the treadmill counted. I can't believe this isn't possible! Instead I have to enter it by distance/time but that varies during the day. 

Please fix this!

LindseyW
Jogger

Hello,

I have a fitbit One, but found that sometimes it wasn't convenient to wear it so I ordered a Flex thinking I would switch between the two as needed.  When I logged in to set up my new device there was a message that only one device can be linked to an account.  I reluctantly said ok, but then I was surprised to see that all my historical data from the previous device was deleted.

So my two requests are:

- Please allow two devices on one account

- Please save historical data captured from the previous device when activating a new device

I think the addition of the above features would be a great improvment to your product.

Thank you!

Lindsey

djmicheals
Recovery Runner

Agree

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Thanks for this great suggestion! We'll be sure to pass this idea to the rest of the team. 

Status changed to: Duplicate
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Great suggestion! I recommend showing support in this existing idea. This will help us tally votes and comments in one place. 

joanheminway
Base Runner

I want to jump on this bandwagon!!  More devices for one account enahnces flexibility for users and revenues for Fitbit.  It's a win-win, as others also have pointed out.  I hope this will be implemented in the near future.

Would love to see this happen - I have a flex but there are times it's not convenient to wear it or to charge it every few days. I would like to be able to add another device, especially a Zip for use when travelling so I don't have to worry about charging it.

I hope this feature can be added in the near future. I would even be fine with it if I could have both devices on the same account, but would have to go into the app and tell it which device should be active each time I switch, so it doesn't try to count both devices at the same time.

Thank you!

kayers
Jogger

I agree - you should be able to have more than one FitBit device for one account/e-mail. Would love the option to use the Flex when it is harder to wear the One clipped somewhere. Hope FitBit gets this done soon!!!

BGreen
Recovery Runner
Dear FitBit friends, I know you can make this work. I'm ready to buy the new CHARGE and add it to my FitBit wardrobe as soon as YALL make multiple items a "doable" feature. Come on FitBit, ya know you want to.
BGreen
Recovery Runner
I already have the ONE and the FLEX. Also, all my military and LEO peeps can have something non-uniform on their wrists.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I was just wondering myself if this was possible.  I would love to get the ChargeHR, but find the One to be convenient when riding my indoor bike, I just throw it in my pocket!

Also during charging that means I'm going without my Fitbit.

Yes, mulitple devices on one account is clearly needed.

wynterphoenyx
Recovery Runner

I'm very surprised that this request has gone so long unaddressed.

I had a hard time deciding between a One and a Flex. I finally bought the One and have been absolutely loving it. Then, a couple weeks ago, my parents sent me a Flex as a gift. I love it too! They each have distinct advantages, and there are times I'd prefer one over the other. Additionally, it would be convenient to switch from one device to the other when the first is on the charger. I was... let's say a bit annoyed... that I couldn't have them both on my account. I can see why for the sake of accuracy you wouldn't want to allow users the option to have two devices sending data at once, but it would be a very simple thing to add an option to select one device at a time to be active. I'm assuming the clever folks at FitBit pay attention to their target audience of fitness folks and have seen that we tend to be brand-fans, so it doesn't make sense to count on us each sticking to one device per person.

Please notice what your users are begging you for. We're gift-wrapping and handing you completed market research here.

J-Cam
Jogger

I would like this feature as well.  I cannot wear a wrist mounted fitness tracker during my work at the hospital due to infection concerns, but can wear my fitbit one.  This isn't an issue right now, but I would really like to pick up the Surge when it comes out, and would like to be able to choose between both devices depending upon the situation while having the tracking information collected from both.

Thanks!

ky1986
Recovery Runner
I would love if this could be implemented. I will be purchasing the Charge HR once it is released, however, sometimes wearing a wristband is not appropriate with your attire. I already have a zip which is good for times when you need it to be more discreet...it would be great to alternate between the two as required. I hope that you take these comments on board as it seems to be a feature that many users would appreciate. Thanks! 🙂
ColoradoGrl
Base Runner

PLEASE DO THIS.  I will be among the first in line to purchase a chargeHR, but really WANT to be able to switch back and forth between it and my current fitbit one.  The latter meets my needs most of the time, but I'd really like to be able to take advantage of new features, especially the HR monitor in real time.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do this.  I'd bet nearly every female on fitbit would appreciate this (and quite a few men as well)

Status changed to: Under Consideration
MatthewFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

We are working to provide support for multiple trackers in the future, but do not yet have an estimated release for this new feature.

jdoboski
Base Runner

I am interested in the upcoming Surge fitbit - to measure heart rate and pace as I start to run.  However, I am not going to always want to wear that.  I will most likely want to wear that when I run.  But if I am not running, I would prefer to wear my regular fitbit one, where is it less conspicious.  and if I am dressed up, it can be hidden from view.  So wondering if it will be possible to have more than 1 fitbit sync to an account? 

Michael
5K Racer

I hope that they give it more functionality than just switching between trackers. For example I would like to use the Charge HR for HR, notifications, and maybe general movement/calorie counts, but I want my steps to come from the One since it is much more accurate for step counts. (Well I guess I can't say that 100% for now, but the One is better than the Flex, Force, and Charge so I assume it will be better than the Charge HR as well.)

BarbaraFW
Jogger

Add me to the list of those who like the features of the Surge, but for the sake of appearance would not want to wear it 24/7 as I do my Fitbit One. Combine the data from two trackers into one account by

- accommodating a Preference for the default if both trackers are in motion, and

- allowing me to manually override that preference at the device level. (In case I'm wearing my #2 tracker while my husband has my #1 tracker in his pocket!)

In the short term, you could record both sets of overlapping data and allow the user to decide retroactively which set to count during a certain time period.

And sure, there would be ways to cheat, but I could also just attach my current tracker to my dog's collar while I sit in my recliner 🙂

pstepney
First Steps

I agree with this. I currently have the fitbit one, am looking at the new Surge to replace my Garmin, but still want to use the fitbit one for day to day use. I need to capture steps for my employment wellness plan, and don't want to wear the Surge every day!!

Thomasesawyer
First Steps

I would support this too and I hope you are working hard on this. This market is getting very crowded and I for one would continue to support you with this feature. It als wouldn't hurt to integrate with HealthKit. You have the scale and many trackers, but like it or not some of your customers will be getting an Apple watch. If they are smart, there is zero chance they will us it while working out. The Fitbit could be the go to.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.