Allow multiple devices on the same account (Sense/Versa series, Inspire, Charge & Luxe)

Be allowed to have both a Fitbit Versa and a Fitbit Ionic on the same account so you can easily switch between them.

Moderator edit: Title & Labels

2,034 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Hi,

I love my One, but I also like the looks of the new wristdevices, so I'd be interested in having one of those also.
So I'd defo buy me one also if I can use it in stead of my One on certain moments.
Optional?

Thank you.
Gohuskies
First Steps
You are coming out with some excellent devices with the promise of handling multiple sports. However the form factor is something I may not want to wear every day all day. Especially when I own a spectacular watch. What I would like to do is select my device. And toggle from one to the other. That way only one is active but I can pick. It also allows me to charge one and wear one....
Lostit99
Jogger
It would be nice if the apps supported more than one fitbit device. I have two and like to wear them for different activities-my flex with the Tory Burch necklace for work and formal occasions, and my zip when I work out. I would love to have both incorporated.
GeordieW
Jogger

I have the same issue but maybe different application. I would love to be able to use multiple devices!

Kerri
First Steps

I would love to see this functionality added. I've had the One for a year and I love it. I really want to get the ChargeHR when it comes out next year, but I won't buy it if I can't sync both devices to my account. I want full stats in one place - not having to add the information across two different accounts. I hope to see this added soon!! Thank you Fitbit!

Baltoscott
10K Racer

I would REALLY like the switch devices throughout the day. I have a One but I'm interested in the Charge because of the heart rate montering and GPS.  I already have some nice watches that I like to wear on my wrist and a Charge would just look stupid with another watch on.  I'm willing to change watches occasionally, but for when I want to wear my "real" watch, I would like to be able to switch back to my One (or some future concealable) fitbit.  Right now, switching fitbits in the middle of the day would likely lose my all my steps for the day.  It would be great if the apps allowed for switching devices after a sync.

Draca
Runner

i think this is a great idea..

the function could work like this..

you have 1 ACTIVE device.. but would would be able to register more than one "INACTIVE" devices... and then just choose from a list of your registered devices and switch between which you want to be active at any given time.

of course you would need to sync the active device first before switching to another device in the selection menu.

this would help with the problem some people have sometimes.. you run out of battery at a critical time but have a another one you can use instead.. this happened to me in budapest.. ended up having to switch to my internal phone pedometer instead as a last minute solution

corks
First Steps

Yes! I love the Tory Burch bracelet (especially now that it is available in silver) and would wear it when I go out BUT I want to upgrade to the Charge HR when it comes out. It is important to me that I don't lose history and that all my data is in one place.

@Lostit99 wrote:
It would be nice if the apps supported more than one fitbit device. I have two and like to wear them for different activities-my flex with the Tory Burch necklace for work and formal occasions, and my zip when I work out. I would love to have both incorporated.

kymarie
First Steps

I am interested in geting a ChargeHR but I won't always want to wear my ChargeHR. Sometimes I will just want to wear my Flex. Is it possible to sync two Fitbit devices with one account. 

If not please make it happen!

Michael
5K Racer

When adding support for multiple trackers please make it so we can pick and choose.

For example, I want steps to come from my One, but Sleep and HR to come from my Surge. (Since the One is more accurate for steps.)

For each metric we should be able to pick which tracker it comes from: Floors, Steps, Active Minute, Calories, Sleep, HR, etc.

It would even be great if we could view them side by side and retroactively choose one. For example maybe I forgot my One today so for today I want steps to come from my Surge.

Michael
5K Racer

While you are adding support for multiple trackers please make it so we can pick and choose.

For example, I want steps to come from my One, but Sleep and HR to come from my Surge. (Since the One is more accurate for steps.)

For each metric we should be able to pick which tracker it comes from: Floors, Steps, Active Minute, Calories, Sleep, HR, etc.

It would even be great if we could view them side by side and retroactively choose one. For example maybe I forgot my One today so for today I want steps to come from my Surge.

Johnm07
Runner

If we could just add a second device and be able to switch it, it would work something like this, Sync the first devivce then switch to the second device. I would like to get a One and swith between the One and the Charge HR when I receive it for times when I pushing a cart for instance. If this feature was available I would have kept my One after I got my Flex since the One counts floors and the Flex doesn't. I have lost a few months of floors.

Thank You

Why-Not
First Steps

I am truly disappointed by the lack of customer service from Fitbit.  They have had this as a known issue for over a year and there is no update to the software to allow two devices.  

Reviewing this blog helped me make a decision:  

THE NEW CHARGE IS GOING BACK TO BEST BUY.  FITBIT YOU LOSE A SALE.

I wanted to upgrade but need to keep the flex for activities when I am getting wet or in harsh environments.  The suggestion of keeping two accounts is STUPID and shows a lack of concern of their customer base.

gorillaNosh
Jogger
It would be great if wrist based trackers had the same step accuracy as core body mass clip trackers. Why not have a way to have both? I will be getting a charge HR or surge... I already have the one, which I wear around my neck. The step accuracy on Fitbit one is very impressive. Couldn't they work together? The flex/charge/surge sussing out arm movements and doing the sleep thing, the fitbit one nailing the stone cold accuracy of flights and steps. It would be great if these guys could work in tandem somehow.

Side note: would love me some google fit integration
Millersam15
Stepping Up
I bought the surge strictly for running and the GPS feature. I wanted something to use for my runs. However, I don't want to wear the surge everyday. It's too big and I never intended for the surge to replace my flex. I want to use both. Why can't this happen? You are limiting your sales.

I want to be able to switch between my Flex and my Surge. Too much of a hastle to do it as the system is now, I want multiple devices. I do not want to go out and work in the yard or wash the dishes or go to the beach wearing a $250 device and possibly scuff it or damage it, I want to wear the Flex for that. When I go to sleep I want to wear the Flex and not the Surge, much prefer the Flex to sleep in so I can charge the Surge during the night. I like the double tap for sleep mode and to wake up then the automatic sleep track of the surge. Have already had a few nights with Surge that I had to log myself. The FitBit scale is in the bathroom, the Surge on my wrist, why can't I also use my Flex? The battery on the Surge is not going to last as long as the my Flex so will need charging more often, more for me as i run daily and using the GPS to track runs will drain the battery more quickly. So when I am done with my run let me charge the surge and wear my Flex.

JHaze
Hill Runner
GREAT IDEA I was hooping for a future super accurate ankle Fitbit ( doesn't have all the false positives of the wrist tracker and I don't care much about LED screen, but a tandem option to improve accuracy would be assume!!!!

I was hoping that using multiple devices would work, hoping it will be a feature soon. I do not want to wear a $250 device when working in the yard, going to the beach, playing soccer (the Flex is great for these activities) and prefer my Flex over the Surge when sleeping as I want to charge the Surge during the night as I run about an hour every morning and will use the GPS and HR monitor. I also prefer the sleep mode funtion on the Flex over the automatic sleep detector on the Surge.

Overall I like the Surge but I'm sure will even get even better as new options and updates roll out.

kcambre
Jogger

I would also like my devices to be able to be uploaded to one source (communicate).  I do not want to have to wear the HR wrist band all the time.  I love my fitbit One and would like to be able to use both depending on what I am doing.

Mysticalwings
First Steps
Anyway to merge account? Two fitbit on one app? Anyway to have my wife and mine fitbit sync with one iPad?
santex
First Steps

My fitbit charge is also going back to Best Buy until I can sync both devices on one account,

melle
First Steps

YES!

This would be great! 

I too would like to use 2 different devices.  The ONE is great, but I often find situations where I would prefer to switch to the FLEX.  I recently got my 2nd device without reading this thread, now considering returning until this option becomes available.

Thurnbyhelen
Recovery Runner

I want to buy a Fitbit HR to use when running, but won't be doing so until I can sync it AND my fitbit one to the same account.  Please please add this feature!

Sheppard
First Steps

I would like to have the flexibility to easily switch between devices.  I currently have the Charge HR, recently upgrading fro the Flex.  I like the water resistant features of the Flex---especially going to the beach, swimming or kayaking.  

There are some times that the Flex would be more appropriate to the activity and I would like to just put it on and go without having to remove one device and adding another.

barinv
Jogger

I definitely second this idea.  I understand that only one device can track at a time so as not to confuse number of steps and which one is supposed to be tracking but we should definitely be able to switch devices on the fly.  I think it would be great to be able to switch via the smart phone app easily.  I have the Surge and the One, sometimes I want to wear a nicer watch and not wear a digital  watch but still want to track my steps, with the One I can put that on my belt or in my pocket.  

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.