Allow nutrition tracking with noncaloric goals

I'd love to see an option for food/nutrition tracking where calories aren't the sole motivator.  I know there are displays for other nutrient values such as protein, carbs, sugar, etc, but none can be made the spotlight, and speaking for myself I don't worry about calorie limits each day anywhere near as much as I'm concerned with protein minimums.

I'd love to see a customization available where a user can show what their daily goal would be, either a min/max situation and for what nutritional value.  For instance, I'd like to set a target of 80g of protein a day, and watch as I climb to that goal with each meal; for now I'd have to enter my food and then look at sub-info to get the protein, and glancing at my dashboard (especially on mobile) wouldn't tell me how far I've got to go so I can plan accordingly for the rest of the day.

Calories are important, but they're not the only thing to worry about when it comes to fitness.  Can we show some attention to the other things that are considered important to many people? 🙂

5 Comments
Lovinglifer
Stepping Up

This is a really good idea and would be a great motivator for those of us that lack super planning and discipline skills.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

mixxedit
First Steps

I have a list of recommendations I am trying to track in my diet including:

*Fiber

Folate

Magnesium

*Omega-3

Potassium

Riboflavin

Vitamin A

Vitamin B12

Vitamin B6

Vitamin C

*Vitamin D

Vitamin E

Vitamin K

Zinc

Omega-3, Fiber and D are the most important to me to track.  Ideally I'd like to set a daily goal for fiber and omega 3's because I consider these important for my health.

Marshmallow17
First Steps

I need to count carbs and in doing so, when I log my foods. I always go over in calories and i hate to see that reflected. I am on target for what I am monitoring but my dashboard says otherwise

t_audet
Jogger

It’s a very important suggestion!

I’d like to be able to focus on carbs intake rather than calories. Proteins are pretty important too.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.