Allow removal of "Music control" icon on Versa

Since updating this morning, when I swipe down the music control icon appears.  I do not use my fitbit for music at all and have no use for this icon.  Am told it cannot be modified/removed by fitbit support.  It is distracting and unnecessary and I want it gone!  

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

41 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jensouza, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having an option to remove the "Music control" icon on Versa! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

TeaKayB
Recovery Runner

This such an annoying, invasive and distracting new "feature"! Who on Earth thought that was a good idea?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

The battery life is too low to try to play music. They should try to figure out how to extend battery time between charging. If i want to play music i'll i'll use my phone anyway.

Aleise
Jogger

Yessss! FITBIT you NEED to listen to this. Remove it asap!!!!! This is the most annoying thing ever. I hate it, I want to throw my fit bit against a wall every time I try (key word try) to see a notification ( but cant since you did a stupid useless update that puts a music dropdown over my notification) I dont like this it can be a left side button option or side swipe option. I dont listen to music but I will say I use my left quick setting button often to turn on and off notifications and I WILL NEVER use a pointless inconvenient dropdown. Give us the option to remove it!!

Hylandroad
Jogger

Since they won't allow the removal of this 'feature', is it possible to roll back the software version to before the 'feature'?

Hylandroad
Jogger

Decided on getting this watch instead:

https://www.gearbest.com/smart-watch-phone/pp_009309925869.html

Tired of companies that decide features for us without an option of not having them.

TerrA-Anne
Jogger

I also contacted support about this issue, called the "QUICK VIEW" bar.i personally don't use music app on my watch -  as I only have versa which only supports Deezer and I'm a Spotify girl.i also don't use contactless payments so the whole QUICK BAR is a utter waste of 1.time 2.space and is 3. A CONSTANT IRRITATION  when trying to check my notifications. AMEN.Get rid of it or at least let us  TURN IT OFF

DBradbury
First Steps

I agree with everyone’s comments. I very much dislike the new music control icon that now appears every time I swipe down see my notifications. It’s an annoying feature and is more of a distraction. Fitbit.... please remove and allow users to add it as an option rather than forcing everyone to be stuck with this annoying new yet useless feature. Thank you!

lannallen
First Steps

I agree with everyone's comments as well. It is so annoying to see the music icon bar appear every time I receive a notification. There should be a feature that allows users to turn this option on and off. Please fix this asap!

Thank you!

Marycat69
First Steps

Agreed. Annoying and in the way. Wish I could remove it

bweiss
Keeping Pace

This is very similar to this request, and who knows how many other requests. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Turn-off-edit-quot-Quick-Setting-quot-notificati...

Hopefully we can get this awful design decision corrected.  Its so bad.  I want to see notifications when I swipe down.  Not notifications and the options to do other things which get in the way of doing the thing I wanted to do.

I would suggest simply having it not automatically show when you swipe down for notifications.  Instead, access it with a second swipe down.

First swipe down = show only notifications.  Second swipe down = show menu with Music/Shortcut/Quick Settings.

This suggestion really isn't any different than how it already functions.  This little menu auto hides after a second and you can re-access it with a swipe down.  The solution here is to not have it automatically show when you swipe down the first time to see notifications.

TerrA-Anne
Jogger

Yeah, given a few days more, I hate it even more.2/3 Times now in trying to swipe away it open up the music or pay up, neither of which I use....Just makes me more angry about it...lol...first world problem though, hey?

spoffenb
First Steps

I agree with all of the comments above.  I use my Fitbit to monitor my son's blood sugar, so the music control menu is extremely inconvenient when his blood sugar notifications come up. Please, please give users an option to enable or disable it.

emo812
Jogger

I also do not like the music drop down when I'm trying to read my text notifications. It gets in the way and it's a nuisance! I thought there was a way to turn it off but am unable to find it now. I don't have any music on my versa so this would be better as an option you can turn on and off as needed or wanted. Please make it so we can remove it from the notification drop down! Thank you!

JoyB222
Stepping Up

I agree with others on the annoyance of this "upgrade"  It's like throwing mud on my windshield and calling it an upgrade.  I cannot see my notifications, how is this better?  I find myself using the app less and less after the changes making it less user friendly and now this?  Lately, my wrist vibrates and I check my phone.  I don't even look at my Fitbit anymore.  Frankly, I'm not sure why I am still wearing it.  Out of habit, I suppose. 

Lugasamom3
Recovery Runner

Please add my name to the complaint pile 

Bigfireq
Jogger

This is awful and terrible. If it's not fixed by Black Friday I'm going to be getting a new watch.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

TOTALLY ANNOYING!!!   Obviously the designers don't use the watch themselves or they wouldn't have put it there!  Please remove ASAP!  Giving me a headache every time I want to see/clear my emails.

Kristina1254
First Steps

I also agree this is a complete pain! Please take the music player away from the notification screen!

lopezpm
First Steps

I completely agree this. Make it an option to hold one of the buttons if we want it but don't force us to have something on the screen we don't care about. I hate seeing that little menu show up.

Karenglen
Jogger

Yes I hate the new drop down button, totally annoying 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This feature is so annoying! I found this topic by trying to search for a way to turn it off. I really hate it everytime I try to look at my notification screen. Please make this able to be an option, not a must have for everyone!

Ejean30
First Steps

Agreed. I don't use mine for music an it is constantly in the way of clearing notifications. I absolutely hate it and it makes me want to get rid of my Versa. 

sealinemichelle
First Steps

This is beyond annoying for me that has my work and personal email set up to sync to my phone and am constantly waiting for the stupid little music note to go away so I can read, scroll through or delete an email.  

Eissinger
Stepping Up

So annoying......

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.