Allow sleep stages tracking with less than 3 hours

Currently the Charge 3 does not give a detailed sleep pattern (REM, light, deep) if you do not sleep for three hours initially. Apparently this is in the manual but was not in the informational material that I checked before buying the tracker. This makes it unusable for those of us who bought the Charge 3 as a sleep monitor as we have problems sleeping. I have only been able to get detailed tracking for 3 nights out of 8. Is there a software fix that could reduce the length of this initial requirement?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @JaxRaff. We look forward to hearing what other community members think. Smiley Happy

wekebu
Base Runner

Or those of us with spouses who come to bed after us, those of us with older dogs, those of us with older bladders, those of us who travel and new places wake us.

vbsooz
Keeping Pace

I recently had to go back to my Charge 2 and the response time to turning my wrist was much faster.  Now that I am back to my Charge 3 it is real annoyance.  Tapping is not sensitive either.  This is my third fitbit and I was planning on getting another one but I will look at other brands since your developers do not seem responsive to users.  It is not like this is a new development...it already worked well on the Charge 2!

vbsooz
Keeping Pace

Sorry, posted in wrong thread! I don't see how to delete.

Deonsmith
Jogger

Completely agree. For those suffering with insomnia, the short duration nights MUST be averaged in to at least the average hours per week. I understand why robust numbers can’t be given for very short sleeps, however when assessing sleep quality, sleeping under 3 is POOR. It’s completely useless if I sleep 8 hours one night and 2 hours the other 7.... to average my week as 8 hours of sleep for that week, and likely with a good or excellent sleep quality.  Please fix. 

fam11504
First Steps

Is there something that you can do to change the settings for sleep tracking?  I am 77 years old and can't go more than 2 hours during the night without going to the bathroom.  Right now the fitbit won't track with less than 3 hours uninterrupted sleep.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Wdp100
First Steps
Change the three hour sleep requirement so fitbit will record a night's sleep even if the sleep is interrupted by getting up for a rest room cisit.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Wdp100, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about changing the three hour sleep requirement so Fitbit will record a night's sleep even if the sleep is interrupted. I've moved it into a similar request. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.