Allow the Fitbit to start "Track exercise" in the app by holding button.

For the fitbit Charge & Charge HR it could be a settings option.  If a paired phone is in range, pressing the button to start an activity could start the GPS Track Exercise feature on the app.  When you press the button again it stops the activity.

Instantly, the Charge HR has all the functionality of the Fitbit Surge as long as you run with your phone. 

Moderator edit: Added labels 

31 Comments
JamesBird
Recovery Runner
Ah Candid man, I think you've likely hit the nail on the head, they'd rather sell me a new Surge. That's a shame, but guess there's little we can do except get all our chums to vote for this option.
JamesBird
Recovery Runner

Come of FB, how do we get you to pay attention to this - either tell us it can be done, or no you won't do it.

JamesBird
Recovery Runner

Worth me trying to bump this up the pile again - it is after all the best idea of all the ideas in the ideas forum!

Candid_Cyclist
Base Runner

^^ I know, right!  I just grab my Garmin (blatent naming of a competing brand) off my bike to do what my Fitbit can't.

Fitbit, this is a marketable improvement.  You could even patent it. I would of course want to be listed as an inventor and get some Fitbit stock for the idea.

Mrs.A
Recovery Runner

Agree. It's a shame you can't set up 'Track my exercise' on the phone and then, once you've put your phone in your arm band/waist band you push the button on the Charge HR it starts everything recording at the same time so you can see your data on the wrist band whilst running and it reocrds your pace, splits and map but only records the exercise once.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.