Allow to choose five items for Focus goal on Fitbit app

Old app: could include up to five parameters on the home page, and easy to move them around. I had steps (top center), and (below, left to right) heart rate, calories, miles, and active zone minutes. New app: no way see all of these without scrolling down. Plenty of space to include five items (or more) if each is made a bit smaller.
8 Comments
TammyKinPA
Base Runner

Why stop at 5?  I can fit 8 on the dashboard portion of the screen without resizing or moving the icons in the existing layout and it doesn't look too crowded to me.  This would eliminate 90% or more of the scrolling I am now forced to do to see the metrics that interest me.  Allow the user to customize with the metrics that they want, and with as many as they want up to the max (I'm sticking with 8).  If having a full screen is too busy or overwhelming for someone, they can choose to just show 4 or 5, but for those of us who want to get as much information as possible at a glance, the option could be there to show more.

And you are absolutely right that scrolling to view metrics WHILE exercising is not convenient.  I would go so far as to say that it's unsafe.

Please let's turn all the negative space into valuable real estate!Please let's turn all the negative space into valuable real estate!

acidtest
Base Runner

@TammyKinPA 

I really like your suggestion.

I would much prefer to have more than 5 measured parameters on the home page, and as you have demonstrated, it is clearly possible. Let's hope someone listens.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @acidtest, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about allowing you to choose five items for the Focus goal on the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

CScrutinizer
Jogger
For trackers with altimeters the active focus group should include floors in addition to steps, calories, zone minutes, and miles. The focus group only allows four, and new app is configured in such a way that it is not possible to see all of these on one phone screen. Endless scrolling during an active workout is inconvenient. My hands are busy.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @CScrutinizer, thanks for sharing this product feedback about being able to choose five items for the Focus goal on the Fitbit app with us. Because this idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Richi247
First Steps
5 tiled customer options for focused goals on app screen. We can only tailor 4 presets. Why? I use 5 as many others use 5. If you bring back 5, it will resolve all my issues. Other legal challenges I raised in September have been rectified. This is my last ask for me and everyone else.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Richi247, thanks for sharing this product feedback about being able to choose 5 items for the focus goal on the Fitbit app with us. Because this idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

CompMom
Recovery Runner

Yes, I would like to see at least 5 items for the daily focus. I would also like to see daily focus moved back to the top or at the very least give me the option to move it to the top. I used to open the app just to look at that. Now I have to scroll to the bottom which takes me past all of that information on the way. Totally ridiculous change IMO.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.