It's impressive how scummy it is to not have a way to remove this subscription

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @awefgaefrwds, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing you to cancel your Premium subscription from the Fitbit website with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

valking9
Jogger

Please help me find a way to cancel fitbit 3 month free trial before it converts...I am a 70 year old seniorfull time craegiver.... on $402 Canada Pension monthly and the 3 month trial came with my scale I bought.   

During covid lockdown I haven't even been able to have someone come and set it up for me...I don't see well to read tiny instructions or even on computers and am on caregiver duty 24/7   little sleep, losing weight and frustrated I can't find a way to cancel the 3 month free premium not having hooked up my scale yet and have no idea what to do with the premium, i don't feel it is worth my weeks grocery money...i havent seen anything I can use.

please help

valking9
Jogger
Please help us find a way to cancel fitbit 3 month free trial before it converts...
This is 70 year old caregiver on $402 Canada Pension and got 3 month free trial with scale I bought.
i have nobody computer literate here, and no help, can't find BUTTON OR ICON TO CANCEL WHEN 3 MONTHS IS UP...which is now
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @valking9, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to cancel Premium subscription from Fitbit website. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

valking9
Jogger
I did that and it was clearly a full week before...and i have a transcript of the answer...that they hadnt processed it yet because they have a large volume

I assumed them they would

and STILL got a bill and they actually took it from my account and then 5 minutes later said they will cancel after this month...

BUT It cost me $15 for the PROBLEM, and so NEVER EVER accept the premium 3 month FREE....It is impossible to cancel. I got a case number and everything, and still got billed one month and taken...
Trisha630
First Steps

I'm unable to find ANY way to cancel my Fitbit Premium subscription. From fitbit app, from fitbit coach app, from fitbit.com, from fitbit premium website. Anytime I think I get close to finding a link to click, it takes me to a roundabout way to google store. It seems very unlike fitbit, who otherwise seems to have a very streamlined and accessible app, to hide or remove the option to manage or cancel your subscription. 

BAHAZZARD
Jogger
1) on the package tell the all minimum requirement to use product.
2) dont require activation to get the TIME from watch.
3) If the watch is advertised with sensor capabilities, you get that data free.
4) either a) have in app cancellation of premium services or b) state "YOU MUST CALL 1-800-***-***" to cancel before being charged.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BAHAZZARD, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions: Make “premium” features free.

You also had shared some unique suggestions, please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable, and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

BAHAZZARD
Jogger
You want my data for free...after I paid for it AND you want me to make your job easier.    Millenials
Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on our Fitbit App and online dashboard. To find more details about how to cancel your Premium subscription, see this help article.

@awefgaefrwds, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.