Allow us to choose between "Active minutes" or "Active zone minutes"

Please include a data field for real time active minutes, an essential metric you took away to replace with Active Zone Minutes or be able to choose which I want to see. I had to return my Charge 4 because it was missing this info. I just need a field that tells me how many total real minutes in a day I spent in active heart range. I cannot use active zone minutes in the same way.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

367 Comments
Katylyst
First Steps

I like others am beseeching and begging Fitbit Product Team to provide an Option for Activity Zones to be determined by the original age-based formula and not force feed the updated algorithm used in later devices (inspire 2, etc) that factors in resting heart rate. It is too variable and completely demotivating. I understand some folks may want the higher pace but at least allow an Option to choose. If I am not fat burning at a pulse of 100 for 30 min on a bike what am I doing? Apparently on the device - nothing but ‘activity minutes’. Please provide the option, the data is there to do either and just needs a UX choice overlay. And just because you can update something as was done by Fitbit here doesn’t make it better. Lots of noise on this in the community forums beyond this thread too. So upvotes may be even higher…

Jutrev
Jogger
Totally agree with all of this. Fitbit continually ignores these requests from loyal Fitbit users - this forum is useless as there is never any response to this issue. It would be a very easy fix at their end.

So …. I have stopped using my Fitbit as it doesn’t function as I need it to . I also actively discourage my friends, family and colleagues from purchasing one .

Bring back the old Fitbit zip - basic, useful and designed with the customer in mind !!
JMLfit1020
First Steps

Used Fitbit for 3 days and really liked it. Did the update and boom - now I hate it because active minutes are gone.

Return policy is within 45 days and this jawn is going back. 

Fitbit obviously doesn’t care- the posts requesting active minutes goes back 2 years.  Just wrong. 

Bmasin
First Steps
I updated my versa & it no longer tracks active minutes. It now tracks active Zone minutes. This results in it tracking only my exercise & no other Activity I do during the day. It negates the whole point of tracking your activity &encouraging you to be active during the day. I'm now looking at apple watches & other products instead. FRUSTRATED!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Bmasin, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing you to track Active Minutes while using your Versa with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Your feedback is appreciated, so please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Allow me to remove 'active zone' minutes from the iOS dashboard and replace with the old 'active minutes' - or allow something to switch between them.
Bmasin
First Steps
Thank you for the info! I currently have an iphone so I'm leaning toward the apple watch right now, but I'm still researching. The active minutes change really frustrated me because the product was exactly what I wanted and functioned how I liked. The change Fitbit made has now made it a no go for me, and has pushed me to another brand. I was ready to pre-order one of their new versa's but not now. That change literally cost me as a customer. I've been a loyal fitbit customer for 4 years now, got my wife one and recommended it to others. No more. Its a shame they don't listen to their customers, they could've fixed this.
Jutrev
Jogger
Yep - totally agree! This issue is so easy to fix . I’m certain that these forums are not read by anyone at Fitbit, they’re just a token gesture for us to vent in.

They’ve lost me as a loyal customer of over 10years. Well done Fitbit - fantastic customer service !
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing you to track Active Minutes while using your Inspire 2 with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Personally, I found the whole anew concept of scoring quite amusing.  I'm trying not to think of 'zones' as anything more that making one minute magically becoming two minutes and making an impression that you shrank time.  The truly honest depiction of reward would simply have another whistle to pleasntly sound notifying one when they have crossing the zone thresholds as their bodies go through the motions.

nms1
Recovery Runner

I just upgraded to Inspire 3 as my battery life on my old Inspire was depleting. As a result I have now lost the ability to track Active mins via the App and have to track Zone Minutes. My main reason for buying the Inspire over any other tracker in the market is the ability to wear it as a clip-on rather than a watch so Zone Minutes doesn't work for me. Please can you bring back what we lost. 

Casie.
First Steps
Users should be able to view active minutes AND active zone functionality. Say I go for a 2 hour walk with a 30 minute jog. I want my Fitbit to show that I was moving for a total of 2.5 active hours. Then, I could look at active zones to see that for 30 minutes, I was at an elevated heart rate. This way, loyal users don't lose functionality.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Casie., thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to choose between "Active minutes" or "Active zone minutes" with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We appreciate your feedback, and please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

eauxxxxzxxcfffb
First Steps
every fitbit now will not time my run. you replaced minutes w active minutes! what abt minutes? you do not support marathoners because their resting heart rate is 25bpm! these fitbits are TRASH if youre fit & have a low heart rate. my heart if efficient enough to run at 30bpm!! what the hell is all this paranoia of it might be a fake run? chaos!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @eauxxxxzxxcfffb, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to choose between Active Minutes and Active Zone Minutes with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

oevilone
Recovery Runner
After an update active minutes only accumulate when my heart rate increases NOT when I'm actually physically active. Yes, my heart rate increases w physical activity however my body is also moving! So now my active minutes are a lie as the times shown are during stressful phone calls, how is that physically active?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @oevilone, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to choose between Active Minutes and Active Zone Minutes with us. Because this product feedback was already requested on this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.