Allow us to edit child’s birthday in Family Account

We need to be able to change the child’s birthday. We need an update that lets us change it

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

10 Comments
DerWo
First Steps

If the kids birthday is entered false on account creation, there is no way to change the birthday. The account most be recreated an all the data will be lost. Please make the kids birthday changeable.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Just curious: why such need?

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jess.h, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing to edit child’s birthday in the Family Account with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

cmrich
Jogger

I am not sure why the OP wants this feature to be available but I do know why several others do. There was a glitch with Fitbit that was not processing correct DOBs for child accounts. Parents entered correctly, but Fitbit offset the bday by 1 or 2 days and sometimes it was even off by an entire month. It needs to be editable by the parent. We are not asking for a feature that the child could change his/her own DOB, but that the parent could change. This glitch has yet to be fixed by Fitbit and it was reported by multiple people over the past 2-3 years. 

KA17
First Steps

It's Feb 2022.  Glitch is still happening.  I know I entered my kids date correct.  It's showing 1 day earlier.   Still unable to modify.  I see this problem has started since 2018 based on Forums.  It's now 2022 and still not resolved.  Please fix coding to allow us to edit bday just like we can for everything else in Profile.  Thank you 

harpus8
First Steps
It would be nice to be able to change or correct Date of Birth on a kids account. One of my children initially received and was setup for that child. Initial child did not care to use the watch, a sibling took took the watch over and is now using it. If I create a new account, the 2nd sibling looses all history and badges earned.
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @harpus8, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep the Community organized.

MooMooooCow
Jogger

Having the glitch where my daughters date of birth is being shown a day off. I entered it correctly but now it's showing incorrectly. Of course I can't fix it unless I create a new account... and I can't forcefully remove an account... I have to wait a week for an old one to disappear from what I've read and I've already had to set up her account twice. This is ridiculous. Not doing it AGAIN. ugh. 

Synchroswimr
First Steps

I'm also having the glitch where my son's birthday is suddenly showing a day off.  I have no idea how this happens, but it is very silly that it has been reported for several years now and no option to change it. 

BannUK
First Steps

Agree. This was a really poor piece of software design by FitBit. Should be totally easy for a parent to edit the child’s profile in case they have entered something wrongly.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.