Allow us to hide the recipes in the Food tile

Get rid of the recipe suggests in the calorie tracker.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
117 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Hippichild89. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to hide the recipes in the food tile with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

MsBeetle
First Steps
Give the option to Remove recipe suggestions from dashboard
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MsBeetle. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about removing the recipe suggestions from the Food log with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions.

KrissyKLK
Recovery Runner

Thank you for posting this. It’s SUPER annoying to try and record in my food log and have to scroll past these recipes. I finally got rid of the tips in the main screen and now this! 

alasandra
Recovery Runner

thank you for posting this request/suggestion. i agree the recipe suggestions tiles should be removed from the food log. it is very annoying, particularly placed in the midst of the food log, not something i would use, and many of them appear to be locked so a user can't even access the suggested recipes without "premium". the placement of the recipe tiles also makes more challenging the access to the nutrient information which i do use. 

jandersh
Recovery Runner

The placement of the recipe suggestions is extremely unfortunate in that those who have no interest (like me) are forced to scroll past this unwanted "feature" repeatedly. This addition is doing nothing but hurting the usability of the app.

Stelins
Jogger

Yes! Please get rid of this new ‘feature’ it’s bad enough being bombarded with suggestions to upgrade to premium when we’ve already paid an extortionate amount for a watch but now to have unwanted recipes that one can’t even look at blocking the food log page and rendering it pretty much useless is so annoying. I shall definitely be moving away from Fitbit when I need a replacement. 

TJCatte
First Steps

The recipe bar is an annoying advertisement. If we don’t value the premium benefits, don’t insult your customers by forcing us to scroll through a recipe bar of locked recipes advertising premium service just so we can get to the material we do value. This is my third Fitbit - are you trying to just annoy your base?  Please Give the option to hide!

Appusermar
Jogger

This recipe intrusion is not valued by people using Fitbit for fitness tracking. Please remove it. 

GoDark
Recovery Runner

I agree that the food recipes floating in the food logging screen are a major distraction.  Foremost of all, we have no interest in recipes.  My wife and I are very happy with our dietary habits and only value the Fitbit food logging screen for monitoring calorie intake.  Being force-fed someone else's recipes as the price for logging food and calories is a major irritant.   We are not forced to log our water intake (an option) ... why are we being forced-fed one-off recipes?  Food recipes have nothing to do with fitness tracking. 

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

I agree!  This new feature slows the food entry.  I am not interested in premium features, cannot afford another monthly fee.

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

73DE7DBB-5ED0-485A-9E86-75D52606F131.jpeg

Fitrex
Recovery Runner

Agree the recipe addition is a needless plug by Fitbit which has nothing to do with entering food to track calories.  Fitbit is not a cookbook and should not obscure the main use of this page

CM1986
Recovery Runner

I agree with everything that's been shared here. This is a horrible feature that significantly hinders the usability of the food/calorie tracking part of the app. Please either 1) remove it entirely, 2) give users the option to customize the layout of the page (i.e. hide it), or 3) move it to the bottom of the day's (or week's) food log, so it's out of the way. I use this part of the app multiple times/day (5-6x/day, each time I eat something), and this does make me seriously consider switching to an Apple watch when it comes time to replace my Alta HR. Aside from creating ease-of-use issues, I cannot stand the increasing pervasiveness within the Fitbit app of advertisements, when I have already purchased your product. I feel like I'm being punished for being a Fitbit user. You should do better by your customers, or you may lose them. 

Graukrake
First Steps

I am so glad to find others having the same resentments towards the recipies bar. I really really hope I will be able to hide it soon!

JustSo
First Steps

I couldn’t agree more with this request. I love my Fitbit. But this “feature“ is a slap in the face when I’m trying to count calories. I might appreciate it in a different place in the app. But here, it’s truly annoying. Is that the emotion you want to trigger?

BuzzKill
Jogger

Completely agree with this suggestion. The recipe loading also slows down access to entering food items. Please remove the recipes from the food tracking tile!!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Agree 100%!!!  Remove this “feature”!  Or at least allow us to hide it!  Not needed and it unnecessarily slow down a section I frequently utilize.  If it remains I will think about a different app and different tracker.  It’s not my mom!

MT48
Recovery Runner

Please remove or relocate this feature or let us be able to hide these recipes. It’s definitely a distraction and a blatant ad for Premium.

Bob59
Jogger

Fully agree! The recipes are a distraction that takes up a big chunk of real estate.  It is definitely in the wrong place and needs to go

Emma051
First Steps

Please allow us to hide the recipes or can you at least put them somewhere less visible? They’re in the way when I’m wanting to add my calories and I don’t want to look at recipes every time I do this. It irritates me enough to think about switching to a different brand of watch which is a shame because I’ve been really happy with it until the recipe bar appeared. Please remove it!

hj_swampgirl
Jogger

The recipes in the calorie logging area are intrusive and counterproductive. I don’t appreciate the hard sell, but even worse, I’m trying to cut back on my caloric intake and the app keeps suggesting new foods for me to try. I am happy with my current diet and don’t want food filled ads for a premium service. I bought my Fitbit, and that should be enough.  I don’t appreciate being pushed to buy more. The recipes also interfere with the user interface, making it slower and less streamlined. Seriously considering finding a different app to track calories. 

2MWelk
Jogger

Glad to see I'm not the only one hating the "recipes" intrusion. It annoyed me when I thought it was recipes; to learn it's actually another click-bait hard sell on a Premium service I neither want nor need (particularly when I've already paid a pretty penny for the watch) just pisses me off. Stop it, Fitbit. Don't ruin a good thing by getting greedy.

PlusOcto
First Steps

I can only agree with the previous contributions. Please remove the feature or just place it on the premium discover page where it belongs.

Calluna72
First Steps

Yes please! The recipes are right in the location where our actual logged food used to be, making the food-tracking feature now painful to use.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.