Allow us to re-categorize exercises on new Fitbit app

I used to be able to rename my workouts, but the new update no longer allows this on the android app or on the website dashboard. Please fix this.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
177 Comments
kaymc79
Recovery Runner

Is the community feedback space just where people voice what they want fixed about the app but @Fitbit never does anything about it? Have community requests for changes ever resulted in actual changes? Because not being able to re-categorize exercise is such a downgrade of functionality - it's a joke and it doesn't seem like anyone from fitbit actually does anything besides say, up vote suggestions. Will it ever actually change? Or do they think we'll just get used to it / forget / not care?

shgmclicious
Jogger

Yes, @kaymc79 , that is exactly correct.

jaywtravel
Jogger
The request to revert heartbeat info to the way it was and the
recategorisation function in exercise has been out there since Fitbit
arbitrarily « upgraded » it months ago. Nothing has happened despite
numerous requests from users!!!

It will be an Apple Watch for me when I upgrade.
balbip01
Recovery Runner
Well said
Sent from my iPhone
Caela
Jogger

Whenever I push my daughter in her stroller it gets automatically logged as a bike ride, so I always have to edit it to make it a walk. I also like to record my rock climbing sessions rather than logging them because the heart rate measurements are more frequent while recording, but there is no shortcut for rock climbing so I usually use the Pilates shortcut and rename it afterwards. Without the ability to rename workouts my entire workout history is messed up.

Peasle
First Steps
Allow users to edit the activity when Fitbit auto recognises. It keeps getting it wrong
Moniquew91
First Steps
With the new app I am unable to change the name of my workout once I have logged it, I rely on this function when I track workouts that are not an option on my Fitbit- Ie Pilates, walking, core training or tabata training.
kay_nl
Jogger

This is the most frustrating change. Before the latest app update, I could still re-categorize by going into 'manage data' then choosing exercise and selecting "review data."  They have now eliminated this as well.

If Fitbit only deems 36 workout types worthy of tracking, I will be deeming fitibit unworthy of purchasing. 

kay_nl
Jogger
This has to be one of the worst changes Fitbit has made to their app. The inability to rename an exercise to something else is annoying. How can an 'exercise tracking' company believe that only their VERY limited list of exercises are the only ones customers do? I expect continued app changes/limitations will impact their customer base soon.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Peasle, thanks for sharing this product feedback about being able to re-categorize your exercise logs on the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

kaymc79
Recovery Runner

How many votes does it take before Fitbit will actually do something?

Hiker742
Recovery Runner

Probably to vote with our future dollars. Apple looking better all the time.

Caela
Jogger
I can't imagine how this feature change made it through a design review,
unless literally no one at Fitbit exercises???
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Moniquew91, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to re-categorize your exercises on the Fitbit app with us. It seems this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

balbip01
Recovery Runner
I sometimes think they are setting themselves to be the subject of a future Netflix documentary

The sort that examines how a very successful innovative company screws up with its customers

Sent from my iPhone
jaywtravel
Jogger
Yes they should get on with it for their customers. Àppalling service!!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @kay_nl, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to rename your exercises on the Fitbit app with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

mdb3491
Jogger

Fitbit

Please update app so the exercise type can be edited, as I used to be able to do. 

jaywtravel
Jogger
The only way to do it is to re/log over the exercise for exactly the same
period with the right category and then delete the original. Cumbersome
but works.
balbip01
Recovery Runner
A major step forward by the developers eh?
jaywtravel
Jogger
The fact they just ignore their customers is quite appalling.
CHCHAN
Recovery Runner

Or allow Fitbit 5 to choose inline skating, rollerblading, ice skating , paddleboarding as an exercise. They don't show up and can't change after the fact now. Is there a way to get them to show up as an exercise choice? Instead kayaking is stuck as on of my default choices? Never used it. Unde more I get circuit training, kickboxing, martial arts and other things I don't need but can't change.

LMerriman
First Steps
Please allow editing of exercise types in app after completion of exercise. Also allow functionality of choosing top 3 or 5 exercises to appear on watch or tracking device for initial logging of exercise.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LMerriman, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to edit your exercises on the Fitbit app with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

LabMouse
First Steps
The new app won’t let me edit my workout type! I’ll log a workout on my watch as “weightlifting” and it will go into my app as a “workout” same thing for my runs (logs them as “walks”). This makes it hard to track what I did! Also the decreased info about a workout sucks, where’s my HR graphs?!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.