Allow weekly reports to match the week settings on app

The 'weekly summary' email that is sent should reflect the week as it appears in your Fitbit app.  I really don't care which day I receive the summary, but if I have chosen Sunday as the beginning of my week in the Fitbit Dashboard settings, it should be reflected in the weekly summary email I receive.

Please alter the code so that changing this setting in your dashboard also changes the days included in the weekly summary.  It is an automatically generated email, so it shouldn't be that difficult to update.

Currently, it is though my Fitbit app (week starting Sunday) is based in North America, and my summary (week starts Monday) comes from Europe. It is highly annoying. 

Thank you for your time.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

29 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

wtchambers
Tempo Runner

Why does the Weekly Progress Report email give statistics for a Monday - Sunday week when the Fitbit app uses a Sunday - Saturday week?  It would be more helpful if the email matched the app. 

1Stand
Jogger

I also would love to see this.  I agree with wtchambers if my week starts on Sunday, then the weekly statistics should also reflect Sunday through Saturday.

ashwolve
Interval Runner

Been after this for years - would be nice if when they say start week on a specific day it is across the board and not just one tile- my week starts Sunday I want all reports and data to start on a Sunday - in fact If I wanted it to start on a Friday then that should reflect on everything also (Option not available just say IF)

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Dear Fitbit,

how do I receive a weekly summary report to my email?? I have not found a spot to set this up

thank you

jenn Lefrancois 

jlefrancois1@mass.rr.com

ashwolve
Interval Runner

@SunsetRunner - Hi and welcome - you may get more response if pose your question in the forum and not the feature suggestions but I will try and provide you with what you need - first of all if you are on a PC you will need to go into Settings (the cog symbol on the top right of the dashboard page) then select settings from the drop down menu on the page that comes up look down the list on the left until you find Notifications - click on this and you should be on the page you need, scroll to the bottom and if it is supported for your device you can check the box named weekly summary's (you may not get this weeks as it runs from Monday to Sunday instead of the stated Sunday to Saturday irrespective of what you have selected)

if you are on mobile only I don't think the App allows you to set the options so you will have to log in via the web/internet and set up as above from Fitbit.com

Hope this Helps

Kind Regards

Wayne

HollyMacom
First Steps

I saw this same suggestion in a 2014 and a 2017 post - so it obviously hasn't been considered.  The Weekly Summary is off by one day, therefore the progress isn't accurate which makes the summary useless information in my opinion.  I picked Sunday as the start of my week and on my phone APP the stats are accurate (for example, I know I did 5 of 5 days of exercise, but the weekly summary says it was 4 of 5) but the stats on the summary do not include the first Sunday and in fact go from Monday to the following Sunday...so it excludes the first day of the week but includes the first day of the following new week!  For those of us losing weight and setting step goals, seeing the wrong information sets a bad tone.  I know I lost 3 pounds last week yet the stats show I lost 1.8 pounds, which was my previous week's loss....essentially all the information is inaccurate so again I ask, what's the point of the summary?  

I realize that if I just look at my phone APP then I will know what my true progress is, so I don't have to be too particular about the weekly summary being wrong...but it's the principle of the matter.  I would think there would be more customers in agreement with this.  For now, I'll just delete the weekly email!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @HollyMacomGreat suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request, where users are asking a similar option. I hope we receive updates soon.

ashwolve
Interval Runner

@HollyMacom im so glad you mentioned this as I have been trying to explain this to then for years and provided all the written documentation on the Fitbit articles that also stat as standard should start on a Sunday and Option to start on the Monday - to that end we should not have to put in an additional feature request for something Fitbit states we already have - looks like left hand not talking to right hand and not very professional we should be able to chose the day we start and the weekly progress report should run with or input - if you have friends etc its over the last 7 days so it should not impact the day they start with the day we start 0 they use this as delaying tactics to no provide the services we got told in black and white we got and one of the reasons we brought our devices was this supposed flexibility

I noticed this got changed back in 2015 with only 500 votes I have seen requests be denied with over 1500 votes - you gave us the option to start on Sunday or optional Monday its only logical and sensible to let the weekly reports reflect what we have chosen in our settings

Regards

Wayne

MBVC1188
First Steps

Fitbit programmers please make this a priority!  If I pick Sunday as my weekly start day then that is the day I want my report to start.  If I wanted my report to start with Monday I would have picked Monday as my weekly start day.  It makes no sense that my report doesn't match my APP.

Align weekly report with the default settings of the app (week starts Sunday).

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @catcusflower11, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

pitchwest
Jogger

Please bring on CIBC into the Fitbit family.

-Charge 4 owner

ElectronicLad
Jogger
Right now, I have the app starting a week on Sunday, but when I get my weekly report from Fitbit, the report starts on Monday. This means the report and the app disagree on weekly totals cause they aren't counting the same days
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mortonboots, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see the Weekly Report to reflect calendar week. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

ElectronicLad
Jogger

This has been a suggestion since 2017... Uhhh, WAT? Is the codebase that messy that adding this feature would require so much effort?

WizardBear
First Steps
Since Fitbit allows the user to select what day of the week to use for statistics, that same day should drive the weekly report in Notifications.
My device is set to start on Sunday, but the weekly report starts on Monday regardless of the device setting.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @WizardBearthanks for sharing this suggestion about having the weekly reports to match the week settings on the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

SaltWaterCroc
Jogger
The tracker provides weekly stats from Sunday through Saturday. The Weekly Progress Report provides stats from Monday through Sunday. Totals never line up.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SaltWaterCroc, thanks for sharing this suggestion about matching the weekly reports to the week settings on the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

SaltWaterCroc
Jogger

Interesting.  Doesn't look like this has raised a lot of concern in the Fitbit community, although my reports have been having this issue since the end of 2014.  Seems it would be simple to align the two, and make more sense.  Is this a hard fix?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree with all of the comments about this seemingly simple fix. I find it very hard to believe that Fitbit gives a rat's butt about its customers after they have purchased one of their products. No of us should be here discussing this problem. It should not be a problem at all to correct. This is just another reason why I will never buy anything related to Fitbit once my Ionic dies. My frustrations stem from other problems that Fitbit refuses to even make a legitimate attempt to appease its customer base. This will probably be my last comment on this forum as I've simply lost any hope that Fitbit will do the simple things to keep its customers happy and loyal. Sad.

Farbeyondme
First Steps

Please make the weekly report email’s start day of the week match the user’s chosen start day of the. Why would you even give people the option of choosing the start day of the week if you’re still just going to send them reports with whatever day of the week you decide? Makes no sense. And it makes the data in the email not match the data on my app. This inconsistency is annoying. 

parker2022
Jogger

I would definitely love to see this sync between email summary and the app!!! 

HollyMacom
First Steps
Well seeing as I posted this in February 2019 and there are new comments in
August 2022, I'd say Fitbit isn't going to make this improvement for us. I
haven't used the weekly summary in years and unsubscribed to it so I don't
have to be reminded that it will never be fixed.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.