Always show treasures on Adventures, even if we walked past them

In the new adventures you are penalized when walking too far. You are unable to collect all the treasures. I actually walked less so I could collect them all. Yet still on a trip to the store I went too long between syncing and missed treasures. I feel you should allow a time limit to go into your journal and accept challenges and collect treasures missed during your workout or work day.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

22 Comments
Martini675
First Steps

I also noticed a problem with missing my opportunity to pick up treasures because I had the app tracking my exercise and it would let me exit the exercise tracking feature without stopping it all together.  When I'm on a long walk, tracking my exercise, I can't always stop to look at the app to pick up treasure, especially when the app doesn't let me do so.  Kind of a bummer.

TBlueMax
Recovery Runner

What new adventures? Did I miss something?

MinnesotaMel
Keeping Pace
Agreed! Give us a half hour window to pick up treasures after each sync. ALL treasures we have unlocked or walked past since our last sync.
LSinLG
First Steps

I've noticed I miss the chance to get to pickup the treasures if I finish the adventure.   I think I should be able to get them that day.   I have yet to get them all on any adventure.

Wenric
First Steps
I would suggest instead of treasures expiring at midnight on the day earned, that you have 12hrs from the time they unlock to collect them. Also on the NY adventure can you make the treasures visible when zoomed out further. They are easy to miss because you have to be zoomed in to see them and they are not close to the path. Perhaps making the uncollected ones a different color, white blends with the background of NY city buildings and streets to easily.
gringitack
Recovery Runner

Agree with this:

1. I ALMOST missed treasures on one adventure because although I had synced before i went to bed and collected any open treasures, I woke up before midnight and used the restroom. 10 more steps was enough to unlock another treasure; if I hadn't decided randomly to look at my phone - WHICH IS A TERRIBLE THING TO DO TO MAINTAIN GOOD SLEEP - I would have missed the treasure as it would have expired by morning.  (I fail to understand why if Fitbit knows I've been sleeping (it's tracking that!) AND it knows when I've indicated "Bedtime" should be, it even bothers to reveal new treasures during those times.)
  2. I DID miss a treasure when it appeared in the final 350 steps of the adventure, while I was getting my workout... the challenge was over and treasures unavailable because I was too busy DOING the steps to PLAY with the steps.  That feels like a gyp, and counterintuitive to the purpose!  

As long as you can't start the next adventure until the following day anyway, I don't see why a 12-hour window after reveal (instead of midnight) or midnight of the final day (at least I'd know to be watching that last day) wouldn't be good enough to let us collect all the treasures?

Jessgo
First Steps

I'm upset with the fit bit adventure treasures because I have until midnight to get the treasures which is great but if I compete the challenge at work I can't collect the treasures. I've tried 3 times but I am not able to have my phone at work and this is just frustrating. Why can't the treasures expire at midnight even when you finish??

LoulouOz
Recovery Runner

I totally agree. The treasures disappear if you just go a bit too far. Yesterday I walked 2hrs, 13000+ steps and when I got home and synced by Fitbit, I  was offered only 2 treasures. Very disappointing. I also did a trial walking less and got more treasures. So, this is a disincentive. Can the developers please fix this app so that the treasures come up as you pass by but stay there until you sync rather than disappearing if you pass a landmark? Thank you. LoulouOz.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have tried to do the solo adventures 3 days in a row; I get the first 2 treasures at midnight (I stay up just to get them since I missed it the first day).. Then the third is at 500 steps; I stopped to check and I had 497 with no treasure. Then i synced up and 503 treasure was a quick flash red..

This is very frustrating because at the end of the Adventure it tells me to collect faster... I wanted to do these adventures but with my OCD I don't want to move on with out completing the adventure. I have tried this adventure a few times prior to just miss collecting treasures due to not syncing every hour (maybe give us at least 1 hr or tell us a time limit to collect). If I have to watch my phone to participate it makes my workout less productive and I could have just went with a Garmin device.

debbi2qlts
Recovery Runner

I did the Pohono last week and knew nothing about Treasures. I made 2nd place and guess I won't get the Badge due to not even knowing you had to find the Treasures. I'm bummed as I worked hard as a Senior to make the Podium.

MotivatedMo
Recovery Runner

I am doing the NYC 26.2 challenge and the treasures are not showing.  I did two other adventures over the weekend and none of the treasures appeared.  Have I pressed something to stop them?  I’m not aware of having done so.  Would love to see new adventures how about the West Highland Way in Scotland?!

LoulouOz
Recovery Runner

Can the developers please fix this? I posted a message 09/11/2017 and nothing has been done. Not even a reply. The treasures on adventures need to become available as you walk, run, exercise etc and stay there until the end of the day. At the moment if you walk for 2 hrs or do a Zumba class, like me, and sync your app when you get home, you don't get offered all the treasures. They do not show up in blue as available so I can't click on them to save them. Never have I been able to collect all treasures. Please help!

pandawife
Jogger

I do not understand why the treasures disappear before midnight when it very clearly says on each one that it expires at midnight. I want to get all my treasures dang it! 

MinnesotaMel
Keeping Pace
The treasures disappear if you walk too far down the path without
collecting them. I’ve completed every adventure 4 times but only gotten
all the treasures once. You have to constantly sync your FitBit and check
your progress on the route.
pandawife
Jogger

That's my issue. It should be fixed so that they actually stick around. Sometimes you don't want to check your phone every few minutes. Sometimes you can't check your phone that often when you're hiking or chasing kids or running. Or if you are tracking a workout on the app, you have to end your workout to check for treasures? That doesn't make sense. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

LoulouOz
Recovery Runner
When are you going to fix the problem with the adventures? If we pass a landmark before we sync the tracker, we are not even offered the treasures. This is unfair. If I go for a long walk in the Park or in the national park, where I cannot sync, then sync when I get home, I get 1 or 2 treasures offered. But, when I stay home and do few steps and sync often, I get more treasures. Hardly an incentive to do more steps and more exercise. Please reply and tell us when you will fix this or be honest and say you can't rather than just ignoring these posts.

Sent from my iPad
SeverdSoldier
Recovery Runner

I generally finish my adventures when I am doing a run on the treadmill at the gym. I am unable to collect all of the treasures since a lot of them appear during that time frame. You should be able to go back and collect treasures until midnight even if you completed the adventure. Such a simple fix, not sure why it has not been considered. 

Also, all treasure should remain visible on the map until midnight the day of completion.

I hope this gets fixed. I love the adventures and this would make a huge impact on my experience.

Mitney
First Steps

Got my first fitbit, was excited about the challenges. OCD means I NEED to collect the treasures but because I run I miss them since I don't run with my phone in front of my face. Agree treasures should NOT disappear if you go past the landmark without checking in. Won't do the challenges anymore as I refuse to run dangerously with my phone in front of my face.

JaredF
First Steps

I thought of a possible solution to this. I normally keep my app on the steps page, and I miss some of the treasures even with auto sync and push alerts enabled.  When I do my next challenge, I'll keep it on the challenge map instead and see if that will keep me from missing them.  If that doesn't work, that means you'll have to go less than 1,000 steps an hour, otherwise you'll never be able to get them all. 

Morendur
First Steps

I find it extremely frustrating that this has been an issue for years at this point, with no change/solution.

I'm with everyone else on this, change how the treasures are handled, or AT LEAST add a note stating the conditions to accept treasures.

I finally thought I was going to get all 10 treasures today for Vernal Falls, as I finally got all the treasures to show, and only had the last one to collect, but, apparently yet another caveat, is if you haven't collected the treasure before the end of the adventure, you also can't get it, why is that even a thing?

I love Fitbit, and the adventures are a great idea, but this really turned me off of them.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.