Amazon Alexa Support in Canada

Recently bought both a Fitbit and an Amazon Alexa enabled device. I had seen online that the two devices offer some integration, but I was disappointed that the Amazon Alexa skill is unavailable in Canada. Perhaps support in Canada can be easily added as it exists in both US and UK territories already?

29 Comments
DeSims
First Steps
I am giving up...
DeSims
First Steps
Actually, after the long wait, I was able to use Fitibit Alexa skill in Canada starting sometime in December. Everyone should try.
Blues66
First Steps

Why can we not connect to Alexa from Versa 2 in Canada yet. From reading other comments and reviews it’s something we would like here in Canada. I was severely disappointed to find out I cannot access Alexa. 

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Fitbit devices that support the voice assistant feature. You can find more details here.

@PMC42, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.