Aria should display pounds up to 1 decimal point

When we view weight online, we get weight like 12 St 4.4 Lb. However, it is not the same display on Aria.

Aria should display the same weight that is displayed online.

22 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Makes sense. This is a great request @ashishkulkarni, I'm sure other Aria users would like this as well. I will forward your request to our developers and hopefully they implement this in the near future.

Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share or vote for them, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum. Thank you!

ukheather
Jogger

I really want this, hate the aria display doesn't show decimal point weight but the website does

Rickyd
Stepping Up
This should really have been a no-brainer but sadly I see little changing with these scales!!!
ukheather
Jogger

I absolutely hate it rounds down pounds rather than adding a decimal point.

The weight on the scales mean nothing, you have to read the actual weight online

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I think there are more things to worry about than seeing fractions of a pound

ashishkulkarni
Recovery Runner

@SunsetRunner it's all about accuracy 🙂

ukheather
Jogger

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I think there are more things to worry about than seeing fractions of a pound

its not the point.... other scales weigh in decimal points and this scale does weigh on the website in decimal points so it should display the same on the scale as it does online

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I think adding a decimal place for pounds on the display of this size will clutter the scrolling info. If you're that concerned about a 10th of a pound, as you say, there is the website. Just my thinking 🙂

ashishkulkarni
Recovery Runner

Right now it is a tenth of a pound. Tomorrow it may be a pound. Where do you draw the line?

If something is displayed on the website and it is easy enough to display on Aria, why not?

Most information scrolls along anyway. So it is not going to clutter the screen. Only going to add to the accuracy.

But each to their own. Some people don't like accuracy. Some do 🙂

If I am paying nearly £100 for something, I prefer it to be accurate.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
It is accurate, just not displaying the minutia. It's a bit like a watch not displaying tenths of seconds; it's still accurate but I don't need to know it in everyday day life. But as you say, each to his own.
ukheather
Jogger

@ashishkulkarni wrote:

Right now it is a tenth of a pound. Tomorrow it may be a pound. Where do you draw the line?

If something is displayed on the website and it is easy enough to display on Aria, why not?

Most information scrolls along anyway. So it is not going to clutter the screen. Only going to add to the accuracy.

But each to their own. Some people don't like accuracy. Some do 🙂

If I am paying nearly £100 for something, I prefer it to be accurate.

Totally agree!

Why should I have to check the website to get the correct weight when it could be displayed on the scales.

I do not like scales rounding down

plasticserenity
Stepping Up

I just came looking for exactly this.

I wouldn't mind so much that the display only shows the nearest pound if the rounding was accurate. But having the scales show that I weigh 9st 8lbs when the dashboard shows it is actually 9st 8.8lbs - it seems obvious that the scale display should round up rather than down?

I would be happier either with the display showing the nearest 0.1lb or fix the rounding on the scales to be accurate.

Losingwt
First Steps

This has to do with your app.  Until the last update, the Log Weight showed to the 1 decimal point for both weight and fat %.  I really appreciated this feature. After the last update, only the fat % shows to the 1 decimal point; weight is rounded.  I do not like this change.  I would very much like this feature to be re-instated. The lose of this feature will impact the graphs for both Weight and Lean vs Fat. There is a difference between 115.9 and 115.1 pounds in weight.

ilkleymum
Jogger

This was first looked at by a moderator in 2015. Come on FITBIT, This is ridiculous. Paying £100 for a set of scales that don't tell you your correct weight. the scales need to have a decimal point so that it is the same as the dashboard information. This cannot be too hard to sort out. Come on!

rob.routledge
Jogger

The weight history shows the weight in stones and pounds but the graph shows the weight as a decimal which obviously gives slightly different figures for each. Please allow the graph to show weight as stones and pounds.

Scott1509
Jogger

There is no facility on the Android app to enable users to enter a decimal point when entering their weight. This means weight has to be rounded to the nearest lb and therefore doesn't give an accurate reading. Surely this feature could be added without any difficulty. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think! Smiley Happy

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I don't get it. A tenth of a pound is 2 ounces and the bodies weight will fluctuate  up to 5 pounds in a day..

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hello,

I would like to suggest that you make the number of decimals shown (or rounding used) on the web site configurable by users.

The reason for this is best given by example.

This morning I logged a fat percentage of 25.9 via my Fitbit Aria scales. 

Within the fitbit.com website, this weight log from today is shown as:

26.0 within the list of weight logs (www.fitbit.com/weight)

26.1 on the most recent dot/point in the Weight/Lean-Mass chart (www.fitbit.com/weight)

Within the cronometer.com, this weight log from today is shown *more accurately* as:

(I have added cronometer as a synced Application via my account settings)

It's quite unfortunate that cronometer.com shows more accurate representations of my actual weight logs than fitbit.com does.

I suspect the 25.9 displayed by my fitbit Aria actually has two decimal places and is quite close to 26.0 and has been rounded up for the display of my weight log entries at fitbit.com/weight.

However I cannot explain why it is displayed as 26.1 on the chart on the same page.

(There is only one weight log entry for today, so the chart value is not an average of multiple values, and should be using the same value as the weight log entry).

If the Aria is uploading figures with two decimal places, I would like to be able to see those within the web site and hopefully in any data export.

thanks in advance.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Garyjnrwilliams
First Steps
Sometimes my aria air does not connect so I enter my weight manually. However i can never enter to the exact decimal which is important to me as any weight loss is important
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Garyjnrwilliams, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add decimal point to enter weight on Aria Scales. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.