Audible alarms and notifications on Sense series, Versa 3 and Versa 4

Now that both devices have a speaker and they can be used for phone calls, it would be nice to have a ringtone or a beep sound for the alarm.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
242 Comments
Eddy55
First Steps
Hi RubyRubiks, I love my Samsung very much. It took me some time to
determine which model to pick, but in the end I chose the 44 mm Watch 5.
The screen is very bright and readable and the Play store is filled
with nice apps. The Google assistant works like a dream, just press a
button and speak your command. Health measurements are like the Fitbit.
I had the same worry about battery life, but although it is a lot less than
the Fitbit, it is easy to fit a charging schedule in my life. It lasts like
a day and a half, but I always charge it in the morning during breakfast.
On days where I extensively use the GPS it lasts still more than 24 hours,
so that is never a p[roblem.
RubyRubiks
Jogger
Amazing, thank you so much Eddy!!! Sounds like it's time to give Fitbit the
flick. Really appreciate your response. So helpful. 🙂
Eddy55
First Steps
And above all, it has audible alarms!!!
RGPat1941
Jogger
Alarms on the Fitbit sense should be able to wake you with vibration and sound. This should be available on all smart watches; the Fitbit sense's alarm has feeble vibration and no sound. Does not wake me!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @RGPat1941, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about having an alarm with sounds and vibration on the Sense. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

MMC13
Jogger

I finally upgraded from my cheap Fitbit to a Versa 4. I was shocked when the so-called alarm didn't go off. It never occurred to me that a standard feature on the cheap model wouldn't be on the other models.  Who doesn't want an option to have an actual beeping alarm?  If you don't like the beep you can just set it to vibrate.

Very disappointed with the lack of what should be a no brainer option.

RGladney
First Steps

I am both amazed and disappointed that folks have been requesting this feature for nearly 3 years and Fitbit has not implemented it.  I may be oversimplifying, but it seems like it should be a fairly simple coding change - especially if just one alarm/timer sound was available.  

KayNumero1
Jogger

I agree.  I was very excited about the Smart alarm feature,  but it's useless if you sleep through it.  The vibration (even turned up)  is so light that I'm surprised ANYONE wakes up. Fibit, please update the alarm app to include an audible alarm. 

CarmellaB
First Steps

I would also love this feature. It seems bizarre that there is no option for audible alerts, even from the phone. I’d use audible alerts for a pacing app called HrPacing that I use to help manage my ME/CFS - the vibration just doesn’t ‘cut through’ to my brain, especially if I’m moving around.

RGPat1941
Jogger
Thanks for the comments, I sure hope this gets fixed so I don't have to move to another watch like Apple. I have loved the alarm features in earlier Versa versions used it al the time, now my wife’s Apple watch wakes me 99.9% of the time, unless I sleep with my ear on the watch.

Sent from my iPad
Soulj
First Steps

HURRY UP AND GET THE ALARM SOUND ON! YOU DEVELOPERS NEED TO BE FASTER ON THIS FEATURE. WHOEVER IS IN MANAGEMENT FOR UPDATING WATCH FEATURES NEEDS TO GET A PAY RAISE TO GET THEIR @$$ IN GEAR OR BE FIRED FOR BEING SO INCOMPETENT THAT THEY CANT UPDATE THIS BASIC FEATURE REQUEST WITH MIRE THAN ENOUGH VOTES. ITS BEEN LONG ENOUGH! HURRY THE F**** UP!! WE'VE BEEN NICE ENOUGH! A$$HOLES!

RGPat1941
Jogger
I had a few glitches with my watch this week, including loosing my bluetooth connection while sleeping. I was totally confused on why my data was not downloading in the morning. After two days and two calls to Fitbit support, with no resolution, I figured it out and fixed that issue myself. I don’t think the call-in service people have ever even used a Fitbit watch, they have to look everything up in their “manual” then walk you through steps that make no sense. Sometimes the issue is resolved, but the time spent on the line is much longer than it should be: looking the problem on the internet works better. Those issues, however, got me thinking about a future watch; it won’t by a Fitbit unless they get a sound alarm and fix the call-in service.

Sent from my iPad
Kwoksh
First Steps
To allow sound alert (not just vibration) for fitbit timer
Ebost
Jogger

I really need this feature.  Sometimes I don't feel the vibration if I'm active. 

RGladney
First Steps
I agree.
RGPat1941
Jogger
I really do not understand why this feature was dropped and why it doesn’t get fixed!

Sent from my iPad
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kwoksh, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding audible alerts to the Sense with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.