Audible alarms and notifications on Sense series, Versa 3 and Versa 4

Now that both devices have a speaker and they can be used for phone calls, it would be nice to have a ringtone or a beep sound for the alarm.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
242 Comments
Tweetyfish
First Steps

Just got a Versa 3 for a Christmas gift from my kids. I've never owned a Fitbit and I'm finding it a whole lot if work to get features up and running with constant reading and contacting customer care service. If anyone knows how I can put music from my phone onto the Versa 3, w/o having to pay for Spotify or Deezer, please message me. Also, I'd like to know how to enable sound on my timer, alarm and notifications. These are common things that my Smart phone offers, so I was wondering what the Versa 3 offers for an ordinary user like me. Would people suggest I return the Versa 3 and go with something easier, or just use my Smartphone. Seems like a lot of $ for a watch that doesn't provide some of the  basics.

c-dawg12
First Steps

I agree.

One of the reasons I bought a FitBit was the smart wake feature. It is a wonderful idea, but I don't seem to be able to utilize it effectively, because the vibration really doesn't wake me up. I thought for sure FitBit would utilize the speaker to provide an alarm sound, as well as a vibration. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I can't believe that this request is 4 months old and hasn't been added

tcrifasi
Stepping Up

Another vote from me! 

Matyushka
First Steps

I agree this should have be a standard option.

Ebuthebomb
Jogger

We pay over 299$ For the sense and versa 3. These devices have decent speakers and should be updated so that the alarms and timers can ring. I’m pretty disappointed that my 359$ sense does not have this feature but the Apple Watch series 3 witch is cheaper does.

I believe Fitbit will give us a new update with alarms with audio.  

Klbhferis
First Steps
I hope you are right, Because this is very disappointing
21counter
First Steps

Could you please update the title to says "Alarms and Notifications"?

kmac56
Recovery Runner
Don’t know how to edit title

Sent from my iPhone
Willco1709
First Steps

Ditto, I agree with everyone. Fit a fitbit sense for Christmas replacing a charge 2. Very disappointed in the alarm function vibration is to weak to wake up with and I was late for an appointment. C'mon Fitbit get with the program here 🙄

Kumla
Jogger

What's the problem to give audible alarm. It's not only the comments in here that's count's. 

Many people bother to sign in here and give a comment.

Keep it simple and just do it!

Or give us at least a reason why not 

d.james
First Steps
agreeSent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
1212Tsrik
First Steps

With the price point and the technology already in place (speakers) I find it really quite unbelievable that the Versa 3 does not have this ability, especially when comparing to other smart watches on the market for a lesser cost. 

Having presumed this was a standard for smart watches in 2020/2021 I may have been swayed by another brand. 

Rakesh2485
Stepping Up

We want sound option for notification, alarm, timer, stopwatch, and google assistant and more, please..from India

lookahead
Jogger

I honestly assumed this was an option/upgrade when I purchased the watch. I have missed several alarms because the highest vibration setting is barely noticeable.I have the vibration on the highest setting and cannot feel it go off. My Ionic used to work perfectly with the vibration intensity set where it would wake me up in the morning.  An audible alarm option suitable to ones environment would help tremendously. Also, a stronger vibration setting along with the ability to select the length and pattern of the vibration. It's disappointing that this newest Fitbit watch doesn't have what seems to be a basic and obvious option to tailor to individuals. I replaced my Fitbit Ionic with the Versa 3 and I truly miss being able to use my alarm on my wrist to wake me up in the morning. 

EthelAardvaark
First Steps

It's hard to believe that someone decided *against* an audible alarm, especially as the vibration is so weak (even on its strongest setting).

saif1233
Jogger

It's been 6 months and I can't believe we still don't have this feature 😑😑😑

lmartin81
First Steps

It’s baffling that there’s a speaker that has been designed, manufactured and released in a product when there has been no use for it since its launch! Whyyyyyyyy? Surely an audible notification/alarm is the most basic of feature across even the most basic of fitness trackers/smart watches? I’d prefer to use it for exercise prompts - distance goals, pace etc. I must admit, I’m a little bit disappointed since upgrading to the Versa 3

Svdekend
First Steps

I slept right through the buzz that was supposed to wake me up this morning. I agree that something like this should be standard for a device that comes with a clock app and a speaker! 

KennyK
Jogger

I would really like the sound option for the countdown timer.  I have had a hip replaced and am walking around and exercising with a walker.  When I am moving with the walker its a little rattled and the vibration isn't apparent over the walker.  Heck I'd like the sound option even without the walker.

motojg
Recovery Runner

Audible is a must for alarms, Notifications, and alerts pertaining to Fitbit stats and sensors.  Should be able set all parameters for sensors to make sure your keeping your pace, lap time, heartrate where you want/need to fit your workout needs.  This is 2020.  This should all be include day one. Also why must we lose features that are on a previous generation such as the ability to load our own music?  I feel that things as simple as this should not even have to be topics for discussion but here we are.  Especially under Google...?  Really? Also, Why can we get audible response from alexa but not google?  Fitbit should be leading the game, not trailing behind others in performance and features such as Garmin and Apple just to name a few who have proven that their heartrate tracking is far more accurate during extreme workouts.  Fitbit/Google Please set up to the plate and give your costumer the things that we shouldn't even have to ask for.     

Chimayne
First Steps

I just got my Versa 3 and it took me 3 days to figure out how to get my messages and calls to my watch. I've been trying to add alert tones to my watch as well but I guess they're not available yet. That was 1 of the big selling points was the speaker so not having any sound alerts makes no sense. 

dh91779
First Steps

hi, i also would like to see some form of sound notification, it would make sense due to there being a speaker built into the verse.

MattTr
First Steps

I too need an audible alarm. I don't have feeling in hands and arms, so even if the versa 3 vibration was strong enough to shock you I would not feel it. I never feel calls, texts or anything. For me, this is a very expensive "dumb" watch. 

Ehsan
Jogger

Even my Amazfit gts2 can give sounds for notifications. Surprise that Fitbit can't do it.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.