Auto detect ice hockey

Fitbit auto detect some sports. unfortunately, it doesn't detect ice hockey. It would be a great feature for me as I play 2-3 times a week.

6 Comments
Efi
First Steps
Hockey players don't have a proper exercise option on blaze.
philpjo
First Steps

Same on surge. would be a nice to have

JohnMoehrke
Jogger

I play hockey, and find no good way to have my fitbit help me. This is especially true now that the auto-detect sports all seem to have some interval training required.

With hockey, I recognize that step-count will be somewhat useless. I wish it was better, possibly including shot-count... but that is not my highest need. I especially don't want the thing trying to get GPS coordinates. 

With hockey, it is very important to track heart-rate. How quickly did it go up at the start of a shift, how quickly did it recover. What is the peak and low values. I have gotten this in the past, but all current sports seem to fail me.

One failure, is already covered in other items that I have up-voted.. that is the touch-screen gets accidently touched by the hockey jersey, or gloves. Thus the sport gets paused, stopped, skipped, or something... Please give me a way to start a sport, with a complex button push to stop; where all touch-screen actions are ignored during the sport.

I just want a sport mode that does the detailed heart-rate monitoring...

JohnMoehrke
Jogger

I have been using the elliptical workout. Still very sub-optimal, but I do get heart rate plot...

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.