Automatic Food/Calorie Tracker (bioelectrical sensor / fluid dynamics)

I would love to see a feature that automatically tracks food and/or calorie intake. There is another tracker on the market called the GoBe2 tracker by the company HealBe that does this and it looks neat. I would love for FitBit to be able to utilize the same technology as I love my Fitbit tracker. This would make logging food/calories a lot easier.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

4 Comments
JohnnyRow
Cosmic Hurdler

@cgwolf13  Love to have you get that GoBe2 and report back on its accuracy. I would take a lot of convincing to believe it.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @cgwolf13, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding automatic calorie tracking to Fitbit devices. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might be also interested in this other request: Programable Food Logging.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Luckbuckets
First Steps
I would love to have a way to have staple foods automatically added when tracking nutrition and calories. The option could be something that is either opt-in for every day, or for certain days. The user can then remove the item if it did not apply, or maybe there could be a quick add that doesn't require manually adding each time.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Luckbuckets, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding an automatic food/calorie tracking option to Fitbit devices. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.