Automatic return to Home screen

I would like to have the Charge 3 automatically return to the Home screen from any other screen WHEN ALL of these conditions are TRUE:

...the screen has been dark for X minutes AND

...the timer and stopwatch are not running AND

...an exercise session is not being recorded

Often, when I check weather, or current stats, or an incoming text message, I neglect to press the side button (multiple times required) to get back to the Home screen.  Some time later, I want to see the Home screen but the screen is still sitting where I had left it.  I think if all the above conditions were true, I would no longer want to see that old screen and would expect the Home screen to be there.  The criteria listed above are for cases in which I would want and expect the screen to remain where it was, no matter how long I had left it.

13 Comments
sagamore
Recovery Runner

I would like to have Settings options to keep screen on...

...during recorded exercise sessions,

...when timer is running, 

...when stopwatch is running.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @sagamore! This is a very nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. Keen to hear what others think?

OrionPoochy
Recovery Runner

I would really like to have this as well. Currently I have to hit the button a bunch of times to make sure I'm on the main screen when I look at it again. If I haven't touched the Charge 3 for a few minutes, it's likely I want to start at the clock screen.

ccgreen
Recovery Runner

Agree with all of above - it would really be GREAT  - as you can on any iphone and many other trackers/devices - to be able w/ one swipe, button, whatever, to get back to the home screen - and opening to an old screen, as stated above is VERY cumbersome. Quickly getting back to home screen is VERY important to me and I'm sure others.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

With screen wake turned on, the default screen when you flick your wrist should be the clock face and not the last screen that was view.  I agree with OrionPoochy - the clock screen should be displayed without having to press the button.

YossiStarz
Recovery Runner

I would have preferred a gesture, like shaking the hand, to move back to home in the cases that are written above. So in case that we forgot an app opened, we could go back to the watch without the need for the second hand, but still gives the user the power to choose between staying in current context (in some cases i want the watch to stay in the last tezt i read or keep seeing my pulse while my watch face dont have this) and returning back to watch. 

Jorder
Recovery Runner

The Charge 3 doesn't revert to the main screen on its own, which is annoying when you looked at the weather an hour ago, and the Charge is still stuck on that screen unless to go back multiple screen. Unless you are in exercise mode, the Charge should revert to the main screen automatically after a few seconds.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jorder, thanks for sharing this feature. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thanks again for sharing.

KittyFerret
Jogger

Are there any updates on this?! I had the Charge HR for a few years and just upgraded to the Charge 3 today. I love it but this is also REALLY bothers me. I hate when I check the weather or something and later return to see the time and it’s still on the weather screen. This even happens when you have the screen wake on! I am hoping this will be a setting option soon (like when the screen goes black there is an on or off option for the screen to automatically return to home)? 

jhanjon
Recovery Runner

Any action on this? It's annoying to look at my watch for the time to find out I need to press the side button 3 times

tiff01
Jogger

I agree, this is pretty annoying especially when I have my hands full or they're dirty and I can't just lift up my wrist to check the time. As the device is primarily a watch the home screen should be the default screen whenever the user has been inactive for a certain amount of time. This happens a lot when I use the timer - when I stop it I don't always think to press at least 3 times to return to home

mikey_pdx
Tempo Runner

Need this for the Charge 5 also. Very annoying to finish a tracked exercise and have to force the device back to the clock face screen. I don't need to see the exercise recap screen after maybe 2 minutes or so. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.