Automatically track weight lifting, reps and weight on the tracker/watch

Being a gym go’er/weightlifter, I never bought a Fitbit because it never really seemed useful to me. I want something that can automatically track not only my reps but the weight that I am lifting. Gym equipment manufacturers have yet to solve this problem and I would like to see Fitbit do it. I know its possible because I almost came  up with the solution but lack the necessary skill set to perfect it, so I’m sure Fitbit can think of something!!

Moderator edit: Format, Updated subject for clarity and label.

13 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @michaelsw, thanks for adding your suggestion. I think that having this option might simplify the way users work out when doing weight lifting. I hope it can get a lot of votes. See you around. 

Xebra
Recovery Runner

This would be a great addition.

Joost_Groen
First Steps

This feature would make the charge 3 even better for me.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Easier tracking of workout reps and weights

LA Fitness Membership Card on Ionic and Versa

Bananas_workout
First Steps

Life would a ton easier if this was an option. My Charge 3 is awesome and that addition would make it even more awesome.

azisles02
Jogger
Would like the ability to track weight training exercises as well as the sets, reps & weight used
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @azisles02, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to track weight lifting and reps on your Fitbit watch. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Jim_Stodder
First Steps

I see that on the charge 5 one can add a weightlifting shortcut, and that this may be a fairly new feature. But (1) by adding this shortcut, it does not actually become (2) an exercise that is automatically detected.

This is disappointing, because one is led to believe by the instructions that doing (1) implies result (2). Thus, it seems like a bug, or at least something that is only half done. I bet you will get other complaints on this score.

nickpt
Recovery Runner
Simply the ability to record weightlifting / gym data, by exercise, set and rep at each workout to monitor strength trends, rep ranges, PB's and forecast future fitness capacity by way of analytics and graphing.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @nickpt, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to track weight lifting, reps and weight on the tracker/watch. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

nickpt
Recovery Runner

Hi @YojanaFitbit , thanks for merging our suggestions together. I hope the votes I recieved from @Diederik1969 and @Moochie for my original post get added together here to boost the total number of votes for this sort of gym weights suggestion!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there, @nickpt. You have a good question and indeed, when I merged your comment all votes received were merged as well. Have an awesome day!

SteveSteveG
First Steps

This is something that should be quite easy to add. My fossil watch with Google wear is already has it. I wish I could add that interface to my Fitbit sense as the Fitbit system is better for everything except weightlifting.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.