Autostop for Bike Exercises

For bike riders, autostop when stopped would be extremely useful. Otherwise average speed is affected if you forget to hit stop (or worse still, start again). Bit like the usefulness of starting and stopping sleep automatically, for the same reasons.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

6 Comments
eastyrust
Jogger
Even walkers would find that usefull. Sometimes if I am in a hurry, I forget to stop my walk when I get home. The other day my 'walk' continued when I was travelling to town in the car. It was quite impressive.
Sch500
First Steps
That's the way to get the miles up! But it's easily done. Fitbit autostops for sleep, and even knows when you're not wearing it when charging. Surely an easy and useful add-on for exercise. Most cycling apps do this.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I think that this is a great idea! I would be very useful and could be implemented also for other types of exercise! 

Thanks for stopping by! Woman Wink

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
lajospataki
First Steps

I'm cycling every day and it's little annoying that I need manually end Cycling Exercise. Would be nice feature that stops automatically based on heart rate or something. Ot at least ask wether we would like to stop or not?

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @lajospataki, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about having an auto stop exercise feature. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.