Barcode Scanner for Android App

Please, please, please add a barcode scanner to the Android app.  I recently bought a Fitbit One to replace my BodyBugg since the BodyBugg is so bulky and because its software costs $6.95/month.  I have been using MyFitnessPal to log food, and I thought another benefit to the Fitbit would be to use the same software for everything, but I cannot use the Fitbit software until a barcode scanner is added.  Please give us the same consideration that you give iPhone users!

Moderator edit: Labels

13 Comments
nerdRus
Jogger
Utilize barcode tech to scale all foods into the &quot;my foods&quot;. Then user can select foods from there.<br>does this exist in 3rd party app somewhere?
nerdRus
Jogger
I mean scan all items
nerdRus
Jogger
Perfect. After I wrote this I downloades the supported devices pdf and noticed the barcode feature as a 'coming soon' feature for samsungs note 2 (android). Thanks for the answer and app mentioned. I will check it out in the meantime.
ahefner
Recovery Runner

I too use MyFitnessPal to log food because of the food database seems large and there is a barcode scanner. Would be nice to have it all in one app. I did however connect MyFitnesspal to Fitbit so the information gets exchanged between the two.

rolypoly225
First Steps
I wasn't aware that was an option, so thanks! I just set it up, and it's so
much better this way.
Status changed to: Under Consideration
zapleahy
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

The barcode scanner is coming soon to Android.

rolypoly225
First Steps

Great!

marier
Jogger

When will the food plan on Droid match the plan available to IOS users. It was promised eighteen months ago 

Bobert001
Jogger
This is here now! 🙂
RonD
First Steps

I would love to see the barcode scanner added to the Android app. This will make life much, much simpler.

rolypoly225
First Steps
RonD, there is one now. It was added near the time the comment before yours was posted.
Status changed to: Released
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Android can barcode scan! Check out the following help article for more info http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Food-scanning-FAQs.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add the "add barcode" option to non-US food catalogues.  I have difficulty adding custom foods, becuase some of the fields wont allow <1 values, e.g. 0.5g

Much of the food stuff I eat is not in the database.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.