Battery full notification (or vibrate/alarm) so I put it back on

I love my FitBit and have been wearing it since September 2013. One suggestion: the FitBit sends a reminder when it needs charging. How about another message when it's fully charged to remind me to put it back on! Sometimes I drop it in the charger and forget it for hours... Just a suggestion!

Moderator edit: updated title for visibility and clarity

88 Comments
dropdedfred
First Steps

I get so disappointed when I pop my FitBit on charge, shower and then dash off without it. My job means I am away for most of the day. I feel lost without it.

Wouldn't it be great if my FitBit went " DING " or " Beep " every few seconds when its charged ? What about flashing up on your phone when it looses range or better still, My phone beeps to remind me to put it back on.

kerrid
Keeping Pace
I agree. I’ve forgotten my Alta HR many times cause it charging.

Sent from Kerri
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have the Ionic. It would be handy if the watch notified me when the battery is charged. I wouldn’t have to keep picking it up and checking it.

Daytripper
Stepping Up
Sent from my iPad
Torie_T
Recovery Runner

I had a charge HR and loved the notification that the app on my phone would tell me when the battery was full.  It was fantastic.  It also used to send little messages saying that it missed you and all.  I have just got a charge 2 yesterday and would love for this to still happen but unfortunately it doesn’t 😞 

Raymondo17
First Steps

Yes *please*!  Every time I put my Fitbit on the charger, I forget to put it back on and lose a day's worth of activity.  If the Fitbit can sense when the battery is low and send a notification to my phone, surely it can do the same once the battery's been fully charged.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BeannieL! Thank you  for sharing this suggestion. It sounds really helpful. Let's see what other think!

brendon504
First Steps

Could we please have an option to get a notification when the battery is fully charged when charging. It wold be good as a reminder to put it back on as well as I sometimes forget the next day!

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @brendon504! Thanks for your suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas! Woman Happy

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I receive a very late notification when my battery needs charged.  Could you create anew notification stating that my battery is fully charged to push when the battery has completed the charge process.

drummerjim
First Steps

We get an email when the battery is low, can we get an email when the fitbit is charged. I own a versa

Flinchlock
Keeping Pace

I receive emails that say, "Your Versa battery level is low."

How about an email that says, "Your Versa battery level is FULL."

That will save me from physically checking my Versa every 15 minutes.

But, that would eliminate many of my steps due to checking the battery charge. 🙂

rickyagodich
Recovery Runner

Every few days, I have to remove my device (Alta HR) to recharge it. This is understandable.

However, i want to minimise the time it is not recording data.

As such, can it (and this should apply to all devices - configurable by user) provide a notification the moment it is fully charged. I suggest that it vibrate and perhaps flash a screen message. It should then repeat this notification every 5 minutes or so (but not during the user's configured sleep hours).

The subsequent enhancement (i.e. notification first) to this would be that when checking the battery status while charging for it to indicate time-to-full based on current power input. Estimated minutes (or even rounded to 5) would be sufficient.

DanLightman
Stepping Up

Yes, that’s what I was thinking!

I need this in Versa, surely you can send a push notifications to phone or email (like you already did for low battery).

Or maybe vibrate the Versa on the clip on charger, to signify that.

fatty-boom-boom
First Steps

We already receive email/notification reminders when a fitbit's battery is low and needs charging.

However, I frequently forget to put it back on after it's finished charging - a notification when the battery reaches 100% would be very useful, and an easy feature to add.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @fatty-boom-boom, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

Merlin304
First Steps

For always connected models it would be super convenient for the app to notify the user that their fitbit has recharged to 100% so we can put our device back on as soon as possible. 

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Merlin304! Thank you for sharing your idea with the Community. This very similar feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

Dannyel
First Steps

Hi fellows, I had the bad luck to miss wearing my band two times before taking a plane, because I cannot tell when the band charging is completed. You know, a full charge takes a while, and during all my preparations it is easy for me that after 2 hours charging I miss to wear it again.

So, my suggestion is to add a "Full charge completed" notification exactly as the ones that inform the user when the battery is low. Of course, this feature could be selectable is someone does not want to be notified for that. What do you think?

Cheers,

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Dannyel! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing. I've moved it into a similar request. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

Raymondo17
First Steps
Yes, adding a “Battery Fully Charged” notification seems like such a no-brainer since we already receive a “Battery Low” notification. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve charged my Fitbit, then forget all about it — sometimes for days. 😞 Man I wish they’d implement this feature request.

-Ray
76patriot
Jogger

I get notification when my battery is at 25%.

A very useful feature would be to get a text and email when my Versa is 100% charged.

Please add this feature.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @76patriot, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding a notification when the battery is fully charged with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Status changed to: Third-Party App
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Nick64 and commenters, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re excited to let you know that this Feature Suggestion has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches like Fitbit Versa between others. You’ll find the Fitbit App Gallery by selecting your connected Smartwatch in the mobile app, choosing the ‘Apps’ tile and toggling to ‘All Apps’ at the top of the screen. See these examples: Full Battery 1 and Full Battery 2. You can then search third party apps by category and choose your favorite of the relevant options available. Happy exploring!

Please note that if you have feedback or a suggestion for the third party app, you can contact the developer directly (if they have shared their contact details publicly). Open their app in the Fitbit App Gallery and you’ll find their contact details under ‘app details’ or ‘clock face details’. Thanks.

AbbieLewis
Recovery Runner

I used to receive push notifications (iOS) with my charge hr when my Fitbit was fully charged. However this doesn’t seem to be a thing anymore and I really liked it as I knew if I was busy I would be reminded by a notification to take it off charge and put it back on

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.