Battery "estimated hours until charge"

Please add an estimated hours left before charge or at least a battery percentage to the Fitbit surge. We want to wear the Fitbit as much as we can and you like to have a better idea of when we would need to charge it. I understand it's shows low, medium, full but having a better understand of battery power would benefit this activity tracker much much more!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

59 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, apologies for the inaccurate status update, this idea is still in review.

As mentioned before, the challenges with this is accurately estimating how many hours you have left as that will depend on your device usage (maybe you go on a run and listen to music or maybe you walk home - both have very different impacts on battery life).

It sounds from comments like some sort of prediction based on regular workout activities could be useful. Or, more data about what activities drain your battery (eg. if you go for a run with GPS, your device may last 6 hours, if you walk home your device will last another day etc). Ultimately it sounds like the more customizable the reminder intervals are (and ability to choose multiple), the better. I will raise these ideas with the team.

Any one else have any thoughts on this? 

petecrosta
First Steps

LizFitBit,

I can only speak to the Flex but perhaps my thoughts are applicable to other devices. The step progress is displayed w/white LEDS. Could the dots change from white to amber (say @ 25% power left, regardless of use or expected use). Then, maybe amber changes to red at 10%??? I started this thread about 2 years ago. To "me" (and maybe others), it matters not HOW it is used (power consumption) but a signal alerting a need to recharge ASAP.

Pete

sarah_lin8
Hill Runner

Or until the battery is dead. Like ' 45 minutes until 0%' or something along the lines of that.

Also, please vote for my idea of a Low Power Mode. Thanks!

ashwolve
Interval Runner

@LizFitbit I have noticed that this is still being looked into  and believe the a tile/webpage maybe of use as per my earlier suggestion lower down the page (01 Dec 2017 (pg 2 I believe) as this would allow all devices to benefit from the information and not just the newer models, and I feel that this will take some of the calculations away from the programming team and with the user themselves therefore helping them to understand what activities/actions depletes the battery fastest, ok the graph may need to be expanded to cover different actions ie when you press the device button for an activity (Treadmill, Cycle etc) and the amount of manual syncs in a day (ie opening App or Manual Sync) , an all day sync should be a constant - all these operations would make it like an electric/gas smart meter where you can see when you used the kettle, oven etc as the rate of power usage goes up - then the user can adapt to say syncing twice a day and not needing to sync straight after completing an activity, therefore being able to manage battery usage - I for instance know that if I don't use the activity buttons and only check App twice a day I can get between 6-7 days between charges (I don't have extra's turned on as in notifications on device / caller id and alarms (Charge 2)) but with using the Treadmill button and syncing 4 times a day by opening the app this is reduced to approx. 5 days - Hope all this makes sense

Kind Regards

Wayne

e94904
Recovery Runner

Coming from a Pebble, it was nice to have an alert telling me there was one day left. Another nifty feature was that there was an app that told you how many days or hours left were left on the battery. I thought it was super useful to know precisely how much time was left. However, I tried to use the battery percentage indicator and it doesn't give me precise battery runtime information. Would you guys consider this?

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @e94904, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

SimpleBerryRoy
Recovery Runner

Its small change but it can help users to organize their charging times.

Please add how much time left for the battery to drain (like on smartphones).

It can be very helpful to calculate when and where to charge the watch.

and maybe to add what feature drain the watch battery at most.

Thanks,

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SimpleBerryRoy, thanks for taking the time to share with us your suggestion about getting the estimated hours until charge! I've moved it into a similar suggestion. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking th

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.