Be Able to Add Steps

As a 3 sport athlete I find it hard when it comes down to tracking steps. During practices and games I am not allowed to wear any jewelry which means I have to take my Fitbit off. Then later I add my sport in as an exercise. It estimates my calories and active minutes, but not my steps. I want to be able to add my steps in along with my exercise. Everyday I don't reach my goal of 10,000 steps but I know that if I could wear my Fitbit during sports I would have way more. I want to be able to have accurate information of my steps so that at the end of the day I am happy for reaching my goal. 

2 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @blobglob3000, thanks for sharing this suggestion. There aren't currently plans to release an option to manually add steps that count towards challenges. Challenges are designed to reward your step-based activities that are recorded while you wear your Fitbit tracker or use MobileTrack only. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released here in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Keep in mind that manually logging activities like walking, running and hiking, will add steps to your account, but those steps won't count towards challenges, badges or lifetime. If you still want to try it please go to the website Log > Activities and next to the distance field select from the drop down menu Steps.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Lambo54
Recovery Runner

When I add an exercise routine manually 1) it doesn't convert to my step total or 2) add to my distance.

1) However when I put my Flex 2 in my pocket and carry out an exercise routine on a stationary bike it records the steps and categorises the exercise as being on an elliptical bike. I subsequently change the category of exercise to bike but don't lose the steps which I would never gain if entering the exercise manually.

2) I don't however get the benefit of the 10km travelled added to my total distance.

Any thoughts ?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.