Be able to add a note to food diary

While using the food diary feature I want to track who I feel, ie I want to figure out if I am intolerant to certain foods. So if I feel bloated after eating something, after logging the food, I want to note that feeling. Then be able review to diary later for foods that are causing the issue. 

39 Comments
xXKerstinXx
First Steps
Jepp, at least a workaround! But... This is frustrating that we have to
"Trick" the app. I would Love to have this option build in when adding a
new food entry.
MECHA-PADDY
Stepping Up

Quick question for the moderators on this post. With this thread and multiple others with variations of the same theme, what will it take for mood/feeling/journal entry etc to be added to the app? Some threads have been going for 6-7years and in the age of app development we live in, is this not a very simple and quick fix and a really useful feature that users can gets lots of value from?

The app versioning typically has bug fixes and compatibility updates to the next mobile operating systems. A new feature like this would really give the app a new lease of life and get users more engaged in using it. 

Thanks 

J7878878
First Steps
Please allow us to add a note as to what our 'quick calories' are.

Please also allow us to add a full meal to our calorie tracker, item by item. This would make it easier to see the nutritional value of a meal, without clicking on the individual items.

Thanks!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @J7878878, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add a note to food diary. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
The ability to add comment with each data entry. For example, when recording weight there is a custom field where we add comments (if needed). Another example would be with food entry menu we would again have a comments field where we can note down our observations, thoughts, comments.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add a note to food diary. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. You can also vote for this other suggestion: Allow for notes to be entered when entering weight.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated. 

Minicooper813
First Steps
I am trying to create a better relationship with food as part of my health and weight loss goals. I would love the option to turn off calorie counting in the food log. And further, be able to add notes about the meal (how I felt, if I ate because I was hungry or simply bored, etc). I think this option would allow more people to use the food log.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Minicooper813, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add a note to food diary. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon. You can also vote for this other suggestion: Ability to turn off calorie counting on all Fitbits.

Kazzab22
First Steps

For those of us with Type 1 diabetes (amongst other conditions) it would be a great help to be able to note if additional food was required due to medical episodes such as hypo’s. Being able to add notes/comments is pretty standard on a lot of other apps, and I would suggest that Fitbit is a little behind in this providing this kind of tool. Could the moderator please advise if 1) Fitbit is genuinely looking at this as a feature to update, and 2) when we should expect to see it happen? Thanks.

Niesha2021
First Steps

I just finished the mindful eating program on FitBit and the program recommends we keep a separate journal noting our reason for eating and how we felt afterwards. It would be ideal to have an open field where users can note the details related to each meal or snack that are relevant to them, but if this is not possible, at least having some general symptoms and feelings (bloating, cramping, pain, ate to satisfaction, ate until stuffed, drowsiness after eating, ate too quickly, etc.) that people can select from for each meal and snack would also be helpful. Having an open field to record notes next to each meal and snack obviously has important implications for FitBit users with medical conditions looking to track what foods they may be sensitive to, but it would certainly support a large number of folks looking to use FitBit’s guided nutrition programs and are just looking to be more mindful about what and how they eat and how they felt after finishing their meal. 

BASILCHIVES
Strider
I would like a text box that I could enter details of my food each day. I am doing keto and would like to track my keto test strip results, and I sometimes do intermittant fasting so I would like to input the times of my first and last meals each day,
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BASILCHIVES, thank you for sharing this idea about the possibility of adding a comment/note box to the food diary. I noticed a similar idea was already posted in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help the team of developers to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Don't forget to add your vote and comments to Support this idea. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

amandas76
First Steps

I’d really love this feature. I’d like to record observations as part of food log e.g. bloating etc and then can view history of prior food eaten to use to start to see if can find a pattern/trigger for IBS symptoms. I know there are other food apps for this, but it would mean recording food in different apps which is just not practical. Whilst I optimistically hope this will be introduced I’ll look to follow another users workaround to add note using a custom food at zero calorie option.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.