Body fat chart

We desperately need a body fat chart. I'm not interested in monitoring lean body mass, or fat mass. It makes much more sense to track percentage body fat.

Right now, I have to go to the Weight tab, hit "Load 10 more" many times, copy-paste all the text under Measurement History into a Word document, use find-replace to reformat the text, copy-paste into Excel, and manually build a chart. Why can't I just see this chart on my Fitbit Log?

Moderator edit: labels.

33 Comments
jeapostrophe
First Steps

In addition, I'd like to ONLY have a body fat or BMI goal and then have FitBit compute the weight needed based on current lean mass. It is a simple formula and I have a spreadsheet of my own for it, but it would be nice if FitBit would do it automatically:

bf% = current body fat percentage [0,1]

goal-bf% = goal body fat percentage [0,1]

current-lean-weight = ((1 - bf%) * current-total-weight)

goal-body-fat = ((goal-bf% * current-lean-weight) / (1 - goal-bf%))

goal-weight = (goal-bf + current-lean-weight)

chriweis
First Steps

When dieting (IF and especially fasting) the absolute body is reduced while the lean body mass stays almost the same. The only way to see the absolute amount of body fat is clicking on the graph 'lean mass / body fat'. In this graph the change of absolute body fat over time is almost impossible to see (lean mass would need to be exactly the same).

Thus it would be nice to have a dedicated graph for 'absolute body fat'.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. In terms of an update, there aren't currently any plans to release this feature. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

aamariucai
First Steps

I totally agree. Not a hard thing to program. But as a bodybuilder I don’t really care about overall weight. Body percentage tracking would be great to see progress being made instead of always looking like nothing is changing (as my weight stays about the same but my body fat percentage drops). 

bobalso
First Steps

+1 for this feature.  Please enable us to chart body fat in its own chart in kg/lbs as well as %.

jedi327
Stepping Up

It has been 4 1/2 years since the start of this thread, and body fat percentage remains absent as a primary focal point.  I have sadly had to accept that Fitbit is unable to comprehend the significance of body composition, while they continue to prioritize weight.

KarlZ
First Steps

I just finished plotting data from a ride I do pretty consistently with times against various things like weight, body fat%, and a couple of others. (I've ridden it 80 times over and have all the data from early 2014 until now (July 2019))

Body fat % has a much greater impact on my performance than weight (duh), but it would be nice to see that trend over time on the web. 

BTW... You do have that chart on the iPhone, but it's not present in the web application. (Please don't think the solution is to go yank it from the iPhone!) Please add it to the web application too.

On the web app, you have: 

1 - Total Weight, Your Weight Trend

2 - BMI

3 - Total Weight, Lean Mass, Fat Mass (which is hard to use because it's just the shading between the two curves)

On the iPhone app, you have: 

1 - Total Weight, Your Weight Trend

2 - Total Weight, Lean Mass, Fat Mass (which is hard to use because it's just the shading between the two curves)

3 - Body Fat % (Yeah!)

4 - BMI

I hope this would be low hanging fruit for the Web team.

Thanks,

Karl

Status changed to: Existing Feature
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @rotor. Thanks for taking the time to share your ideas with us. I'm glad to inform you that this is an existing feature. You can open the Fitbit app on a mobile device, tap on the weight tile and swipe from right to left on the graph that appears at the top until you see the "Body Fat%" screen. Hope to see you around!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.