Bowel Movement section/ wiget

I would love to see a bowel movement section on the phone app dashboard. The reason being is that pooping is very important and a lot can be determined by the bowel movements you have and how many you have daily, if you had been bunged up you can see that more fiber is needed in your diet and so on. Also having an automatic goal for the health amount of movments woukd motivate people to eat a more fiber Ritch diet

Moderator Edit: Labels

29 Comments
Duckfan76
First Steps

I recently bouth the Charge 2 and have the same thought.  By simply adding a "counter" that would note day and time.  It would be nice to help remind myself when and frequency of such events.  This seems like a easy addition and would be much helpful.

Kreera
Recovery Runner

I couldn't agree more. I've recently been getting medical treatment, where my doctors asked me to track my bowel movement and it would have been so handy to not have to resort to a separate app, but to be able to use Fitbit. 

Kreera
Recovery Runner

@Duckfan76 Don't forget to vote for this feature request at the top of the page.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Bowel health is very important to our bodies and one of the key indicators of our well-being. I feel Fitbit is the perfect health tracker to initiate a bowel movement tracker, where users can log when they have a bowel movement, descriptions (color, consistency, girth, length, smell) and note any odd changes.

As a Dietitian, we advocate for gut health (among other things). A lot of my patients and clients have Fitbit trackers that would make, not only an appointment with a Dietitian, but an appointment with a Doctor/PA/Nurse a lot easier.

Earthchild29
First Steps

I would love to see a bowel movement (BM) tracker added to the fitbit app dashboard. Just like food, hydration and exercise are important to your health so are regular BMs. Diseases and disorders such as IBS, celiac, and chrones all need information regarding BMs. How often, type, etc. How BMs correlate with food, weight, exercise. 

dobricker
First Steps

This would be super helpful!! A general GI health tracker would be so beneficial and could function almost identically to the women's health tracker with just a few changes. Including symptoms and bowel movements tracked in the calendar could show trends with frequency of movements. So so many people struggle with stomach problems, intolerances, etc. and it would be so beneficial to be able to easily keep track of this in the app as well as all the other important health information.

ijessimiller
First Steps

I think this feature would be very useful!!! I mean, Fitbit devices (& the app) already track your water intake, food consumption, heat rate, activity, sleep, female cycles/symptoms... why not bowel movements & urine! It would be great if it were set up similarly to the Female Tracking Section, where you can log what has already happened, and log what consistency (or color urine) it is, as well as have a general standard of what’s normal, and track when your next movement should be... to monitor your health in that way. 

HLibby
First Steps

I know it sounds odd but my gut health has been a struggle for a long time. I’m working with my nutritionist to get it healthy which means tracking. Fitbit would be the best place for that, especially since they’ve added tracking for menstrual cycles. I would expect it to be optional like most of the other tracking, for people who don’t need it. But I know many who could use it! Thanks!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @HLibby, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option on the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Kerris86
First Steps

As an person with IBS-C it would be nice to track bowel movements and have a log I could save and refer to. Im surprised this isnt a thing yet. 

EDISY
First Steps

This would be a great addition.

rubenharris
First Steps

I would love to have the BM tracker. Been looking for that for a long time. I got a Versa 2 for my girl as well and she needs that too. She loves the period tracker but said her FitBit would be the ultimate package if it tracks BM’s.

Natstone
First Steps

I think it’s weird that there’s not a Bowel movement option. I have to use a separate app to track this. This is a significant health concern right up there with the rest of the things we track. You track women cycles, and with all the symptoms that are an option, BM isn’t one? Types of BM is a symptom that women experience during and before due to cycle. This makes me think that Fitbit is afraid of poop.   

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Would you consider adding a bowel monitor section to the app example like how you have period tracking. Have a calendar where you can add your bowel actions and the type with the Bristol still chart
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to track your bower movement with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Jjoy07
First Steps

I am a GI (gastrointestinal) nurse and it’s an important part of your health to keep track of your bowel movements. People can get very sick if they don’t go for a long period of time or the opposite- if they are going too much. Is there any possibility that you would consider adding a feature to track your bowel movements to the Fitbit app? You can make it unsharable like the period tracking feature. Thank you!

sbocajxx
First Steps

We have a food intake tracker, water intake tracker, period tracker... lets get with it! I need a POOP tracker! IBS is so common, and it's just as important to track as the previously noted ones. Even non-IBS related uses. We track calories in/out, why not actual food in/out?

Please add a feature to track bowel movements, as I am someone who suffers from chronic constipation it is hard for me to remember the last time I pooped. You track input so you should have a tracker for output too. It would be a great feature to use, so many people suffer from many different health conditions such a IBS, Crohn's disease and other related illnesses. I had half my thyroid removed now I believe that I have hypothyroidism I show symptoms of it but my Tsh is always normal. I suffer from chronic constipation so I love the features to drink more water and food input, I have changed alot of my habits because of having my fitbit. I think other people would use the BM output features too. Thank you. 

somekindabrandy
First Steps
It would be helpful to have a section in the app to be able to log bowel movements. I am already using the FitBit app to track my food intake, but am having to use a separate app to track bowel movements due to ongoing GI issues. That, or make it possible for a BM app to sync with FitBit because of the dozen I have tried, none do.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @somekindabrandy, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to log and track your bowel movement on the Fitbit app with us. It seems this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support, we'll keep tracking this request over time.

Rebstu
First Steps

Yes please! I struggle with chronic constipation and I would love to track this!!

Petitbun
Jogger
Add ability to track bowel movements
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Petitbun, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding ability to track bowel movements. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

AimeeT
Recovery Runner

Yes I agree a Bowel Movement Tracker in FitBit could help me relate the food tracking info with how often I have a BM. Also I would like to see the amount of Bran added to the Fat Carbs and Protein % of the Food Tracking, Thanks!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.