Break down miles into pace, mph and overall average

Other fitness watches/apps (Samsung gear sport was my last one that had this ability) have the ability to break down the miles run into pace and MPH speed for each mile and then an overall average. They also show the current MPH you are running. This is especially helpful when running outside or not on a treadmill.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

3 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Fournication202, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to see the break down of miles into pace, mph and overall average. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Jo386
Recovery Runner

I love how MapMyRun breaks down your run and you can see your pace and elevation for each Km, as well as overall pace, calories, distance, duration, total el. gain. Having the splits was very useful for me when I started running again as I was able to identify a dip in my 2nd Km. Seeing this, and some other details, I was able to improve my running quite dramatically, increasing my motivation and enjoyment a lot. A big reason that I want to be able to sync the my Versa 3 with MMR... but apparently can't.

RunnerMailman
First Steps

I am a marathon runner and was fairly upset when I discovered the watch does not offer average lap pace as an option on the “Exercise” app during a “Run” workout. This is the MAIN info I use during a run and is pretty standard running data. I use that data, basically, during each mile to know if I’m maintaining appropriate pace for each individual mile. Essentially whether I need to slow down or speed up to keep pace for each mile. Overall average pace for the whole run is too broad to know whether I CURRENTLY need to change pace.

This piece of data is definitely needed. 👍Given that FitBit is a MAINSTREAM Smartwatch manufacturer, this important data point is essential.  It would be extremely beneficial to both FitBit and the overall running community to include this data point in the Exercise app to increase and improve overall workout functionality. 🏃‍:male_sign::stopwatch::watch:️😁

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.