Breaking down types of fat (saturated/trans/polyunsaturated/monounsaturated)

I love the food tracking program, but losing weight can a diet that contains too much saturated fat or any trans fat is unhealthy. Can a feature be added to nutritional tracking to break down fat into how much saturated, trans polyunsaturated, and monounsaturated fats and add cholesterol and fiber tracking as well? All are vital to good health. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @EdKowalczyk, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a breakdown chart for types of fat (saturated/trans/polyunsaturated/monounsaturated). We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

MrMarv
Cross-Country Runner

@EdKowalczyk -

Could you expand your suggestion to state what platform you are speaking about? And is it possible that it has already been incorporated and you didn't realize it? In release 3.24 of the mobile app, most of what you are requesting has been implemented (excuse my blush, but it apparently was my January 2018 suggestion board post that triggered the enhancement). Took a long time, but as a retired developer, I can understand.

It includes Saturated and Trans fat with the fat entry (not the good fats, just the two bad types), and Fiber and Sugar breakdown within carbs. 

A screen shot of my June 22nd breakdown:

IMG_0276.PNG

miimosaa
Jogger
When exporting data in excel, I would like to have the missing info (Saturated Fat, Trans Fat, Cholesterol, Sugars) added to the "food logs" tabs
Also, please use a different cell for the units. (don't put units in same cell than data)
(see attached document for an example)
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @miimosaa, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to have a bread down of type of fat on the Fitbit app. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

miimosaa
Jogger

Hi YojanaFitbit

Hi, 

I haven't been asking for "a breakdown of fat in the fitbit app"...     ...what I proposed was to: add Saturated Fat, Trans Fat, Cholesterol and Sugar to the ''FoodLogs'' from the exported data using the website.  

You can look at the document I tried to attache (I am not sure if it worked) for a picture of what I meant (I also tried to attache this document to the original post, but your website froze and kept loading forever when the picture was attached)

I think it would be appropriate to move my post back where it was.  Thanks to confirm.  add saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol and sugar to "FoodLogs" from the exported data using the website account
miimosaa
Jogger
Add tools (weekly graph or something else) to track daily intake for "caffeine, salt, sugar, cholesterol, saturated fat and trans fat" since it is recommended to limit the amount of those taken each day.
miimosaa
Jogger
Add tools (weekly graph or something else) to track daily intake for "caffeine, salt, sugar, cholesterol, saturated fat and trans fat" since it is recommended to limit the amount of those taken each day.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @miimosaa, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to track daily intake for trans fat consumption. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @miimosaa, I've merged your suggestion about adding a way to track cholesterol consumption into this request too. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

miimosaa
Jogger

This post is about tracking fat (saturated/trans/polyunsaturated/monounsaturated) and CHOLESTEROL

In the same line of idea, please vote for the following posts:

-     Add tools to track daily intake for SALT consumption  

-     Add tools to track daily intake for SUGAR consumption

-     Adding caffeine tracking

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.