Brighter screen for Inspire

• brightness setting - it can get bright when the screens turns on while sleeping (wife got annoyed last night), or have a setting like a "Do Not Disturb" setting like on phones

• screen timeout length - a setting to change the length of screen on time would be nice, or a feature that turns the screen on with a push of the button and only that.

I have the screen wake set to Off currently, but the screen will still come one when I move my arm.  It seems as if if there is any movement going across the charging contacts, the screen comes on.  Is this a bug?

Figured a setting to make sure it stays off until the button is pushed would be a good option.

Brightness options would be nice.  Oled screens can get bright, especially in very low light.

Or how about a "Do not turn on" during certain hours of the day, like sleep hours?

Moderator Edition: Format & Title.

25 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion @brutus001! I hope it will get many votes. Robot Happy

karlinaustin
Recovery Runner

Yes, I have exactly the same issue --   when moving arm at night time if the tracker touches any blanket or sheet or moves too much it will light up. The screen constant lighting disturbed my sleep. Hopefully in the future Fitbit will offer some sort of "Do Not Disturb" mode for night time or the ability to disable the touchscreen.  I think they made it bright so you could see it during sunlight outside but much too bright at nighttime when touching or moving the wrist.

KatieLeeO
First Steps

Yes! I would LOVE to have a "do not disturb" setting for when I sleep. The screen is so bright when it comes on in the middle of the night.

bjchilds1
First Steps

Yes, I agree. Wore my Inspire to bed last night for the first time and was so surprised that it wakes up even though it's recording sleep time. And so far I haven't found a way to dim the display.

brutus001
Base Runner

Edited title is misleading.  I do not want a brighter screen.  I want brightness options.  And actually, I wanted more screen settings that would include brightness, screen on length, do not disturb, and wake screen options.

obrando
First Steps

+1 for Do Not Distrub during sleep. The light is obnoxious. I move around and I'm blasted in the face with light.

I personally want to turn the "turn to wake" feature off all together.

bjchilds1
First Steps

The more I've used the Inspire, the more I like it except of two issues:

1) This issue with bright light at night. I've removed all notifications, waking the device, etc. but it still occasionally shines bright at night so I don't wear it for sleep anymore. I want to wear it but it's too disturbing.

2). The battery seems to drain quickly, and that's with as much removed as I could find; notifications, raise to wake, reminders...

Seems a fix for light at night would help address both issues...

Drewppy
Jogger

After much deliberation I recently bought my first tracker... an Inspire HR. I can barely express how disappointed I was on my first walk and could not read it outdoors ! Really ??? I find it hard to see the point in wearing one when you can't view your heartrate, steps or even the time.  I wish I could get my money back. Will this be improved ?

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Drewppy  That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Keen to hear what others think? 

Minva
Keeping Pace

I also have been disappointed at how difficult it can be to see the display both outside and due to its very small font. I’m now 45+ and I need reading glasses and have more difficulty reading in the sun, like many of your middle age and over customers who find the Fitbit so helpful in getting and staying healthy. 

Sh1234
First Steps

This would be fantastic and entirely doable. Not sure why it doesn't have that. I've been at the movies and theater and it keeps lighting up. It is distracting. And at night.

rgw79
First Steps

It stinks that I don’t get the benefit of the sleep tracker because the light comes on so much that it keeps me awake- now I just remove it at night. I would love a DND feature on the app. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

WalkjogLori
Jogger

Yes if there’s a way to brighten the heart rate display that would be helpful 

cappieem
Recovery Runner

Same issue. Screen is not visible under sunlight

Bak2924
First Steps

I’m so disappointed with the Inspire HR screen appearance outside in the sunshine, anyone else can’t read theirs?  It needs adjustable brightness options that are adjustable on the watch 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Bak2924, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

Fil1234
First Steps

I bought an Inspire HR but can't read the display in sunlight. Why on earth would you design such a product. I am very unhappy with the product and want a refund but you are refusing a refund

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Fil1234. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to increase the brightness level on your Inspire HR with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

agentmule
First Steps
Allow greater screen brightness!.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @agentmule, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see XXX. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

cbbAustin
Jogger
Can you please include screen brightness adjustments on your Fitbit display items?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @cbbAustin, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see brightness adjustment on Inspire trackers. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on Inspire 2. You can find more details here: Announcing Inspire 2.

@brutus001, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

DT1950
First Steps

Screen is very dim. Needs to be brighter. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.