Bring Back The Option Of Choosing Alexa Or Google Assistant On Sense 2

I see a lot of posts on the Forums to bring back Google Assistant to Sense 2. While I am a huge proponent of this, not everyone has Google Assistant. Not everyone has Alexa either, and very few of us have both. Those of us who do have both tend to use one or the other. Giving us the option to choose might bring in more potential customers.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
13 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DramaQueenDiva, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bringing back the option of choosing Alexa or Google Assistant on Sense 2. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might be also interested in voting for these similar requests: Google Assistant on Sense 2 and Activate Alexa by voice with Sense 2.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Dopovo
Pace Setter

@YojanaFitbit

I fail to understand in which way this suggestion, labeled as "reviewed by moderator" and the one that you linked that is closed as not planned are different.

Are you saying there's still this possibility? If so why don't you reopen the other suggestion that has a lot of participation and votes?

Thanks

SymphonicOpus
First Steps

I have been a loyal Fitbit customer for 6 years now and have brought many family members on with me.  My husband was so kind to get me a Sense 2 for Christmas.  (I currently have the Sense.)  As I was setting up my new Sense 2, I was shocked to find that it doesn't support Google Assistant along with 3rd Party Apps.  What I use most on my Sense is Google Assistant, Spotify and Strava.  Now, I am facing the decision of whether or not to return the Sense 2.  Fitbit (& Google) why am I losing functionality if I do choose to keep my Sense 2?  Will you bring back these options so many of us loyal customers have come to rely on?

Thank you.

funmoma3
Recovery Runner

I've been using fitbit since it was a little device I put on my jeans pocket! So excited to receive the Versa 4, thinking I had an upgrade from my last fitbit, for Christmas. Only to find out I cannot use Google help OR listen to Spotify!! How sad to call this an upgrade!

Seriously considering telling my husband and kids I need to return it.. 😢

kuhl_-_man
Recovery Runner

I can confirm that this is the main reason why I do not "upgrade" from my sense to a sense 2.

So would be great to have the Option

giovannitoso
Recovery Runner

Can you please introduce the opportunity to use Google Assistant on Sense 2?

crispy1260
Jogger

It feels weird to see LESS integrations and features with new products (like choice in AI assistant). First something like this, which was expected since the first version had it. Now removal of features like PC music sync, Deezer, and Pandora. I don't understand why Fitbit is reducing their competiveness in their device line. ☹️

Mooga
Jogger

So confusing that there's less integration with Google now that Fitbit is owned by Google. Why force us to use an Amazon product?

Hemipheistos
First Steps

Google Assistant is not even available in Austria (mid Europe).

Very dissapointing like the whole direction Google is going lately.

Pixel Phones are getting worse (no face recognition on Pixel 6a for example, etc..)

Keeping my Sense 1 though, it does most of what i need it for just fine.

ranma2913
Jogger

Returning my Fitbit Versa 4 because I didn't find out about the "Missing Google Assistant" problem until After Delivery! How can a Google Owned company produce a "Smartwatch" without Google Assistant?

DramaQueenDiva
Marathon Racer

To be fair, the Sense 1 has the option of choosing Google Assistant OR Alexa.

Dopovo
Pace Setter

To be fair the Sense 1 is no longer sold. No present Fitbit device offers Google Assistant.

Sdme
Recovery Runner

Fitbit should have the option for them all.  Technology is always changing, hence the upgrades .

Hopefully in the future there will be options for Google assist,  Alexa, ..........Bing chat ,............. windows copilot.....

I'm hoping. 😉

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.