Bring back Calories Left estimate on new Fitbit app

Please can we have the actual, numerical estimate of calories remaining back on the app please? I have been following a sedentary calorie deficit plan since mid August and have lost over half a stone. I was very dependent on this metric to plan my food. Now I'm too scared to have a yoghurt in-case it tips my little pointer into the pink zone!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

153 Comments
Fletch_al
Recovery Runner

I've set a target of 500 under my calories bored. Looking at the old style calorie page I'm 'in the zone' but the new style dashboard says in 312 under for the day! The estimate has also gone! Can I go back to the old version that worked?!

Fletch_al
Recovery Runner

I've managed to find an old version of fitbit thanks to a Google search. Reverted back to the old version for now. My plans to buy a new fitbit are on hold until this is improved

Char1010
First Steps

FitBit please please please listen to customers and bring this feature back! As someone following a food plan and having a clear goal, the "calories remaining" feature was a vital part of my food tracking and key to me planning my food each day. This new version makes life incredibly difficult and stressful. It would make me consider using FitBit in future if this is a permanent withdrawal from the app.

waynecz
Tempo Runner

Wow, I didn't even realize they screwed this calorie count feature up also.  Except for step counts, it appears they negatively impacted just sbout every feature. 

Whoever approved this update, maybe was the old Marketing Manager for Bud Light? Or a technological equivalent?  I can see their market share slowly disappear as their customers, once their Fitbits need replaced, move on to other company's devices.   

Willow66
Jogger
I totally agree, that made me chuckle!
My husband who is an IT architect was amused I had bothered doing the initial comment. He said, you know Google only bought Fitbit for the tracking data. They don’t care about the users. Ugh.
drlias
Jogger

This is the main reason my wife and I both wear Fitbits.  This evening we couldn't find it and I assured my wife that there was no way that the update would be missing this feature we've been using for many years.  Evidently, I was wrong.  Sorry to say that if the estimated-remaining-calories feature does not get reintroduced to the app, then we will definitely be switching platform. 

hcra
First Steps

I have been waiting for a response from Fitbit help team for over two weeks to be told this feature isn’t available but they’ll consider ‘new’ app features based on customer feedback, so here I am! I’m not sure why they thought removing this would ever be a good thing. It’s rendered my Fitbit pretty useless as I used it primarily for planning my meals based on calories available. Does anyone know which of the other trackers do total daily calories? I’m so frustrated I’m prepared to buy a new one!

Healeygal
Recovery Runner

Bring back the calorie estimator, which I used multiple times daily to track my calories left and report to my nutritionist. Put battery life smack dab on Home Screen — I shouldn’t have to click twice or go searching for that critical piece of information. 

The former app was far superior.  If the above suggestions — and those of other Fitbit users — aren’t incorporated in the next few weeks (or as some have suggested going back to other app, which BTW was fine — not broke) then I’ll join the herd headed to the Apple Store for a watch. 

NorthernFit
First Steps
The new app update removed the ‘calories left’ calculation from the home screen. This was a different valve from the current value provided when you open the app. As someone who can not accurately sense when my body is full, I relied on projected calorie count my Fitbit Home Screen provided. Your update completely removed my access to this data.
rose98765
First Steps

I had been using this feature to plan EVERY single one of my meals!

Now I am stuck opening the glitchy "dashboard" in a browser on my phone to try to figure out what i can eat: eek

Kristyi22
Stepping Up

Yes! Please bring it back! It’s the only reason I have a Fitbit. The app layout it terrible. Why fix something that was never broken?! Listen to the people and revert it back!! Please and thank you.

coleking21
First Steps
Prior to update, under “today”, under food, it showed calories consumed & a dynamic calories remaining amount that would estimate how much movement expected to be made for the remainder of the day. As you moved or were more sedentary than expected, the calories remaining calculation would adjust. Now it’s a flat calculation.
Tollxrebel
Stepping Up

Taking this away is totally bizarre. Why do you think people like and use Fitbit - I am on my 4th device not counting children’s devices. Why do the ‘developers’ not realise why this feature was central to users? You have ruined my experience and daily planning. So what do I do? Buy an Apple Watch I suppose. Please provide an update or I really don’t see any other option. This is really awful.

Tollxrebel
Stepping Up

Developers. This is what you have achieved for me. The only way I can use my device is to toggle between the online dashboard and app for calorie information. Do you think that is an improvement? I would like an explanation of when this is going to be sorted as you are destroying the brand from my perspective. You have already destroyed my experience. It is AWFUL.

Healeygal
Recovery Runner

Fitbit: please provide a clear honest response for when these features will be returned to our devices not just the passive aggressive “sorry you’re having trouble but we can’t bring the old app back”. Terrible answer. Your head of customer experience needs to get involved yesterday or find another job. 

waynecz
Tempo Runner

@Healeygal  This was posted by another Fitbit Moderator - MarreFitbit

Even though we truly appreciate that you've taken the time to come here and share your thoughts about the new Fitbit app interface, please note at this time there are no plans to change it or revert it to the old one. Nevertheless, I'd like to invite you to take a look at this post to get the most out of the new Fitbit app. 

Fletch_al
Recovery Runner

The post they refer to does not offer a solution to this problem. The dynamic calorie count is the whole reason I use fitbit. Without it, it's useless to me. To say there are "no plans" is quite simply an insult to loyal customers. They're basically saying "tough sh*t". It's not good enough.

Nutmeg1
Jogger
This post is an insult to Fitbit users who now have to go back and forth from the app to the browser to find out how many calories are left for the day, along with all the other issues users are upset about. This post is not helpful at all.

Sent from my iPhone
RaptorTempus
First Steps

Please bring back this feature, I used it more than anything else, really disappointed to see it's removal and will not contemplate a new Fitbit device unless it is reinstated.

kitch11
First Steps

Not sure about others but I have every intention of requesting a refund for my device if the projected calories feature is not reinstated. When I purchased the device, one of the features it promoted was the fact that you could see your projected calorie allotment, so this to me is a complete breach of contract.

Healeygal
Recovery Runner

@kitch11

Totally agree with you! And why Fitbit isn’t openly addressing the tens of thousands of unhappy users is beyond my comprehension. 

Rhonda1
Jogger

Totally lost with out the estimate on calories left.  And what the heck does this figures mean!!

IMG_3484.jpeg

coleking21
First Steps

100%! THIS feature is why I am part of the Fitbit family. Without it, it’s similar to other teachers including the Apple Watch. Please, please, please bring this back! It’s too difficult to estimate how many calories you have remaining using the current app. 

Rhonda1
Jogger

Yay!! it looks like Fitbit has fixed the issue and it now shows calories remaining. Thank you Fitbit!

Nutmeg1
Jogger
Where do you see this? My app says I have no calories left but the browser website says I have 200 left.

Sent from my iPhone
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.