Bring back Fitbit Coach on Fitbit Smartwatches

The fitbit coach app on the fitbit device itself was a nice, functional application where I did not need my phone to follow a workout. Bring it back to the fitbit app store please.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

17 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @luckySevin, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bringing back the Fitbit Coach on Fitbit Smartwatches with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

abdul2961
Strider

Bring back the coach app.its already there.no effort required.works well and is a selling point

MargaretA1
First Steps

100% the only reason I decided to just upgrade my Fitbit this year was the Coach app on the Versa 2 I had. Seriously y'all had a pretty unique and innovative product. Workout sites are a dime a dozen and all but one other has a watch app. Why would anyone want to pay for a subscription for a watch that they have to use their phone to use any workout plans. Most websites don't allow you to have your own music playing while the video is going. The Coach watch app allowed that. Since the music was through the phone and the workout plan was on the watch.  The Fitbit Coach watch app was the main reason I kept my subscription in the first place. 

abdul2961
Strider

Check the recommendation and features page...I've started a thread we need this app back...I can't think of a single reason why they removed it....it's already there just give it alrrady

abdul2961
Strider

Just upvote.... eventually they have to give in

DuongNK
Jogger

I agree with all of you. Fitbit must bring coach app back on App galery.

Miguelix
First Steps

The sole reason I bought a fitbit versa was the coach app assisted training videos in watch. It’s a leaving point.

abdul2961
Strider

It has been removed and they might bring it back as premium subscription... Very good app.

Par80132
First Steps

Please keep Fitbit Coach or give the option in Fitbit Premium to mimic it.
What I like about Coach:
- automation - every day I get a new workout that fits my parameters
- music - I would prefer Country, but Pop is nice, music I can get into
- personalized - I chose the Coach, duration, workout type
Premium has none of that.

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Par80132, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of bringing back the Fitbti Coach option or to include these features for Fitbit Premium.  This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post herethis helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

Junjun-E
Jogger
Coach app was removed from the gallery app. The coach app in my versa 3 is an important part of my daily exercise habit.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Junjun-E, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about bringing back the Fitbti Coach app.  This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post herethis helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. You can also vote for this idea specifically for the Versa 3 watch. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

Macky83
Base Runner

First day without Coach and what a mess !!!! Plz, bring back the app or mimic it on Fitbit... It's not working at all ! We can't personnalized, nothing ! 

Screenshot_20210802-112505.jpg

 Je me permets de commenter en français. Depuis ce matin j'utilise donc Fitbit et la séance est comptabilisée mais aucune info sur cette dernière. On ne voit que la durée. Aussi, mon compteur d'activité quotidien ne s'est pas non plus mis à jour. 

Jessiecorder
First Steps
I’m very disappointed with Fitbit removing the coach app from the watch. Having to do a workout from a phone is very distracting and the watch was a great way to get workouts in without being distracted by texts and other notifications. There are a few things keeping me part of the Fitbit family and that was one of them.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jessiecorder, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of bringing back the Fitbti Coach app for the smartwatches.  This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post herethis helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

Slim-D
First Steps

Bring back the coach app for the watch. It was about the only unique thing about Fitbit and great. No phone needed!  It was a terrible decision to remove the app and then send us to some mediocre phone-based premium workouts. Ugh!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.