Bring back Fitbit Connect and Fitbit app for laptop/desktop

This is what will keep Fitbit separated from other smart watches. It's SO much easier to log food from the desktop app; the mobile food-add situation is a mess -- it's crowded and hard to decipher, and I smash all the wrong buttons, and can barely tell which day I'm on. Please keep the desktop app going.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
82 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @lchitnis, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about keeping the Fitbit app for desktop computers. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Vanessa_H
Recovery Runner
Fitbit cut off support for laptop synching/set up without warning, and without giving users an alternative option.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and updated label
Odyssey13
Community Legend

Hi @Vanessa_H  see the list of compatibility? click to read

Vanessa_H
Recovery Runner

Yes. Sadly I cannot use my phone, don't have a tablet. So the laptop/desktop was  my only option. I'd like that back!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Vanessa_H, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion about bringing back Fitbit Connect support. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Runner61
Recovery Runner
Bring back the dashboard app for stats the online one has less features i.e can not find vo2 and takes so long and pain to access

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and updated label
Jl202008
Keeping Pace
Include in windows store fitbit app
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Runner61, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bringing back the Fitbit app for laptop with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jl202008, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bringing back the Fitbit app for Windows desktop with us. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

NJHe
Jogger

Please bring this back - looking on a phone screen is not easy - too small - too much info in a small space.  Also please publicise this more widely - how will people know to vote if this isn't publicised.

groundzero
Tempo Runner

The phone app screen used to be very clear and easy to read; however, they changed it a few years ago and now it's hard to use. I used to check my progress several times a day; now I don't even check every day. Also, half the phone screen is regularly blocked with such insightful "tips" as "You should sleep at night" and "Eat good food to maintain health." And there's no way to disable those.

However, my experience has been that once they remove aa feature, no matter how popular and no matter how many people beg for it back, they will never bring it back. I still miss being able to add my own measurements to my profile. Probably few people even remember that we used to be able to do that.

UnFitABit
Recovery Runner
I want to see my dashboard on a laptop. It is ridiculous that you are stopping people without phones being able to use your products. I was willing to pay your overly high charges to have this facility - other trackers are way less expensive. Now you are stopping it - without any notice - I can't use you.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @UnFitABit, thanks for sharing this suggestion about bringing back the Fitbit app for laptop computers with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

katrad
Jogger
Some older people don't use smart phones so the only way to track ws to load to the windows fitbit app.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @katrad, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bringing back the Fitbit app for Windows computers with us. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @katrad - the Windows dashboard is still available, login to your dashboard at https://www.fitbit.com/ 

katrad
Jogger
I was able to download the app but if I try to sign in it tells me I am an
unauthorized user.
If I go to the fitbit website I can log into account but cannot update the
information to the account.
thanks for your response
Guy_
Space Racer

@katrad  - can you please create a post for assistance in the forums if something is not working properly and give the device you are using.

NJHe
Jogger
I can login to my account (on Mac), but I have to keep logging in. Previously I could keep the icon in the top menu bar.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Fitbit need to add users not limited them. Also the app is integrated on Windows Phone :mobile_phone:
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
For me the Fitbit Sense 2 should be a flagship smartwatch not only a health tracker.

I agree, the Windows app needs to come back. I have had problems with several of my watches not syncing to the phone app. It has been suggested to connect the watch to a different device (ie: phone or computer) but I can't do that because there is no Windows app. Why reduce the ease of use for the consumer? 

NJHe
Jogger
Beats me. I'm on Mac. Getting fed up with so many things only available via a phone app. When there is a mobile network issue, which does happen, or where I live mobile reception is rubbish, people are stuffed in so many ways.
Get Outlook for Android<>
Chelseabun
Jogger
Not everyone has a smartphone, and it is not feasible to share someones phone to sync
Bring back the app on the PC to be able to sync independently
DoogShnooglis
Jogger

100% agreed. Please bring back the Windows app. Or at least make it open source and restore its ability to log in if you don't want to maintain it. I absolutely hate the phone app and my device is nearly useless to me without something in Windows. Logging in to the website and using the really inconvenient dashboard is a non-option. I wouldn't have bought this device in the first place if it hadn't had a Windows app, and now it's suddenly been taken away.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.