Bring back Fitbit Connect and Fitbit app for laptop/desktop

This is what will keep Fitbit separated from other smart watches. It's SO much easier to log food from the desktop app; the mobile food-add situation is a mess -- it's crowded and hard to decipher, and I smash all the wrong buttons, and can barely tell which day I'm on. Please keep the desktop app going.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
82 Comments
BringSyncBack
First Steps

Completely agree. This is the reason I bought the watch, for them to then remove the feature. And the most annoying part is that they didn't even warn of this change. The watch is still advertised as being able to store your own music on, don't then change it. I guess they have been paid by Spotify and others to do this to make more money? Why else would they have done this pointless and inconvenient change, 

Please add sync to mac/PC back! 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Chelseabun, thanks for sharing this suggestion about bringing back the Fitbit app for laptop and desktop computers with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Chelseabun
Jogger

Google needs to keep what works and put things back how they were.  Lots of people don't even know how to use these suggestion boards, they just want to use things as they were.  Change is not always good.. As a long time Fitbit user, this will probably get me to leave!

katrad
Jogger
I agree- wonder why they got rid of it to begin with??
DHCLex
First Steps

My Fitbit Connect dropped off only yesterday with no warning and I have just spent over an hour with online help trying to resolve the situation before finding out the cause! So every time I now want to see my Fitbit stats on my PC I have to log in and then type in a code - which may or may not arrive due to problematic signal in my area. Not sure why Connect got dropped but I would like it back please

oldergen
First Steps
Add back the windows app downloadable version of setup
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @oldergen, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding back Fitbit Connect support on Windows computers. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Seniorsagainstf
First Steps

Please bring back the ability to sync and use the Fitbit on the desktop. Most Seniors do not have a smartphone or tablet to download the app. Nor do the have the ability to borrow one from someone everyday to check their stats, as was suggested by your customer service. By removing this feature you have isolated an entire part of your clientele. I assure you that the same people who bought these devices for their parents and Grandparents will remember this and will no longer purchase devices for themselves either. Just please bring back the ability to check on the desktop so everyone can enjoy your product 

ayaashpaw
Runner

Agreed on the desktop sync. It's easier to check, analyze on a 30" PC than on the watch / phone @Seniorsagainstf 

peacesign444
Jogger

I made a Community account just to speak about how frustrated and upset I am as a years-long Fitbit customer that after losing my original device I replaced it finally today just to be met with no ability to sync my watch data with my Fitbit account without a 'compatible phone'. No matter whose phone I borrow (which customer service suggests I ask to do every single day just to keep my Fitbit stats synced and saved, no matter how ridiculous that is), the screen is simply too small for me (a teenager!) and the app is too difficult to navigate. No amount of app updates will fix this. The perfect solution WAS the desktop app (I used the Windows 10 one offered in the Windows store on my laptop) which was so easy and made syncing & understanding my stats so simple and accessible. It's so out of pocket to suggest that I get a new phone just to be able to use the service I've been using for years now. I've spent hours trying to find workarounds to get the Fitbit app back onto my phone, because it was removed as my phone is now suddenly 'incompatible' and 'too old' and I'm not even able to use a virtualization of an Android mobile device on my computer to sync. There is literally no reason for Fitbits to be unable to sync via Bluetooth to laptops and desktops that support it. This is the single worst move that Fitbit has ever made and has isolated a much larger portion of their userbase than one would have anticipated. Please bring back Fitbit Connect or the Windows app that can be used on desktop / laptop so that I can use the device that I paid for in the same way that everyone else with phones can.

groundzero
Tempo Runner

Is Fitbit really telling people to borrow someone else's phone every single day? They can't be serious.

DHCLex
First Steps

So disappointed - have used Fitbit since the beginning and now after drastically improving my health and awareness and motivation .... all the info is no longer easily available to me 😞

DHCLex
First Steps

I live alone and remotely, have crappy mobile signal at best and rely on being able to see info on my PC - now the thing on my wrist is useless to me 😞

ayaashpaw
Runner

Wow, that's terrible @peacesign444 

hope they bring back the desktop sync !

peacesign444
Jogger

I'm honestly so frustrated, because if there isn't any word on this soon I'm going to have no choice but to return / exchange my Fitbit and look elsewhere, if anywhere else at all, because knowing my data will be lost without being synced after a few days & will remain inaccurate as I can't update my personal details without syncing has really demotivated me. Without a computer app to sync with instead of a phone, the watch is nearly completely useless to me as someone who values the years worth of health information the computer app kept and tracked for me. 

DHCLex
First Steps

My thoughts exactly - and it is strange after Fitbit has worked so well - even if there was a problem (usually based around my lack of knowledge) the online help was fantastic. Why go to all that trouble to build and support a great product ..... to then make it useless in one fell swoop - and without even asking or telling anyone????

Chelseabun
Jogger

I have had at least 4 Fitbits. and purchased at least 4 others for family members.. well I won't be getting any more.. when this dies I will get anything but a Fitbit.  Thanks Google (for nothing) You waste my money, you don't get any more!

ValBC
First Steps
Please bring back the ability to sync my Charge 3 on my Windows laptop.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ValBC, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bringing back the Fitbit app for Windows devices with us. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

ValBC
First Steps

My fitbit is completely useless to me, as I am no longer able to sync to the app on my windows laptop. My watch is losing time because I cannot sync it to update it, so even the watch is now useless. I cannot track my stats and cannot see my sleep patterns. What is the point of having a tracker if you take away the function that enables the sync to keep it current?

TonyaNicole1111
First Steps
I would like to be able to keep track of my progress on the computer and this is currently not available. It is easier to copy and paste and add my tracking on a spreadsheet than typing it in manually looking at small numbers on a fitbit device or fitbit app on my phone.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @TonyaNicole1111, thanks for sharing this suggestion about bringing back the Fitbit app for computers with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Grr8jon
Recovery Runner

I would love this. It would have also have helped those with the current sync problems have another solution. Good suggestion.

katrad
Jogger
agree
EGC128
Recovery Runner
Windows app to add music on fitbit. Bring this back.
Versa 2 needs a way to manage music.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.