Bring back Spotify app to Versa 4 & Sense 2

Request to restore the ability to store offline music via Deezer, Spotify, or any other music media application on the Versa 4 and Sense 2. Just like it was able to do so on the Versa 3 and Sense (1). Otherwise you are going backwards with regards to the developmental process of your product, and severely limiting its usability.
142 Comments
JuJuBear999
Stepping Up

Totally agree. Daily user on my previous Versa. When it's time to upgrade I'd spotify isn't available I will look for a smart watch that does. It's 2023 after all not 2000

Lhanjam
Jogger
Returned mine. Wouldn't record my heart rate when I was exercising. Bought the garmin forerunner.

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
mi__au
Jogger

Totally agree!

Magnumfire
First Steps

I completely agree with the original poster! I have had Fitbit watches for a while and I have loved each one but I acted too quickly in buying a Versa 4 because it removed one of my favorite and most used feature: the ability to interact with music/audio on my phone. I’m trying to figure out what I payed all this money for when it doesn’t have that simple feature. 
I will be returning the watch and unfortunately buying an Apple Watch because I know that will support what I need. 

JeniP
Base Runner

I switched to Garmin a few years ago & I have never looked back.  Fitbit was certainly more user friendly, but when they stopped support for storing personal music, I changed.   I got Deezer because of Fitbit, however, there is some music not available anywhere except on my own computer.  I think that if Google thought people (like me) for whom storing & controlling music was a deal breaker were going to switch to a google watch, they needed to advertise it at the very least.  I doubt I would have gone with Google, because of the battery life and probably other reasons.  Now, I am speaking figuratively, as I don't really know whether there is music support on any of the Google watches.  I don't regret switching; the quality comparison alone is good enough reason to switch in my opinion.

Missjazz21
Jogger
I was surprised recently to find out my new versa 4 does not support the Spotify app. If I would have realized this in advance I would have went with Versa 3
Just expected it to have it and now I read it never will
Very disappointing…it’s like going back instead of forward
Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @Missjazz21 - Versa 4 and Sense 2 have no music features.

if you are unhappy with the watch Fitbit have a 45 day refund policy or possibly authorised dealers too, some stores provide 14 to 30 day refunds.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Missjazz21, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding Spotify app to the Versa 4 with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

BManAU
First Steps

Yes. 

I upgraded from a Charge 4 to Charge 6 and now no Spotify control. Please bring this back. Or better still, just make a generic media control for whatever is currently playing on the phone. 

Kerr58420
Recovery Runner

Spotify is a MUST on sense 2 and versa 4 

This is a joke. 

Kerr58420
Recovery Runner

Why did Fitbit strip everything from Sense 2 and Versa 4?  They need to fix this before June because 3rd party is being discontinued in Europe and then there will be no chance of getting new apps 😞 

Missjazz21
Jogger
Do you mean they will have to bring everything back?

Get Outlook for iOS<>
MetteLily
First Steps
Need to be able to download Spotify or control music in some other way.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MetteLily, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

womblevra
Recovery Runner

Bring this feature back NOW

rshelton1993
First Steps

I "upgraded" my device excited to have apps, health tracking and a better battery life. All things they had before but improved...Why wouldn't you think that was the case? Upon talking to help, downloading any new 3rd party apps is no longer supported. I wouldn't have upgraded knowing 3rd party apps couldn't be downloaded. I use so many apps for my daily life including crucial apps like timers for taking pills and such which are no longer available. I can't even access the timer I had set previously so I still have an alarm that goes off that I can't change. If Fitbit doesn't fix this, they've lost me as a customer. I won't be suggesting them or upgrading my device with them in the future. This feels like false advertising and I'm mad I've spent my money on their product.

Missjazz21
Jogger
Hi,
I thought by getting the Versa 4 instead of 3 I would have more add on options also. Like you I found out there aren’t any. I’m very disappointed. This one doesn’t even work right half the time for my sleep and heart rate.

Definitely my last one if things don’t change

Get Outlook for iOS<>
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.