Bring back ability to add day-to-day activities (cleaning/cooking/etc)

When I first started using my FitBit (Flex) December 2013 through May 2014, I had the ability to track any activities I wanted, but it seems that's no longer the case.

Admittedly, I slacked off for awhile and stopped using my FitBit, but I'm back now as part of my new 2015 resolutions. However, I've returned to find that all non-exercise activities have disappeared from the app! It seems that I can still search for an add them through the website, but the app is so much more convenient for me.

All I see on my iPhone app now are "real" exercises (like basketball, biking, soccer, running, etc.), there are very few day-to-day things (actually, all I see is driving, gardening, and mowing the lawn). There used to be tons and tons of options that I used regularly -- like "Sitting - writing, desk work, typing", "cooking or food preparation", "general cleaning" (light, moderate, and heavy), "standing", "shopping", "carrying groceries", and more.

Sports and workouts are obviously ideal for fitness, of course, but whether we like it or not, we all have days now and then where cleaning the bathroom, grocery shopping, playing with the dog, and making dinner really is all the exercise we get done. (And hey, it still burns more calories than doing nothing at all, at least, right?).

I liked being able to enter a wider variety of things. It really made me feel like my calorie burn was a lot more accurate. Please bring this ability back to the mobile app!!

Moderator Edit: Added labels

4 Comments
ktkey1966
First Steps

Yes, I agree. Especially since I work in the restaurant industry and on my feet from 8 to 12 hours a day I can burn a lot of calories in that time. I would love to have this listed on my mobile appt Thanks for making this suggestion and hope that its added on soon. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
FerdinandFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there @shortie1130. Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas with us!

I think this is a very good suggestion. Not everyone uses their Fitbit trackers specifically for exercising reasons or for specific sports but for a day to day routine. I've gone ahead and forwarded your idea to our team for review and hopefully see this implemented!

Thank you for participating in the Fitbit Community!

SassyAAWAA
Jogger

I agree 100%, we should be able to enter day to day activities that we know burns calories...like housework, cleaning, etc.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.