Bring back detailed AZM graph with colored rings

Bring back the solid green icons and fanfare or fireworks once I've achieved my daily goals.

Bring back the battery life display. 

Bring back the Zone minutes bar graph that showed yellow and orange. It was aouch clearer to read.

Bring back the Calorie bar graph that showed blue, green, and red. 

The new software for the home svreen has larger font and icons, which I can understand will help many people but having removed the featured above makes it much more difficult for everyone including those who struggle with sight. The features that have been replaced are small, colours used so not stand out.

If you want to improve something, make the food databases better. My Recents shows items at the top that I have never ever had!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

16 Comments
Nickyhelp
Jogger
Please bring back the bar chart that clearly showed Zone minutes burned, showing yellow, orange and red.
The new charts do not stand out at all. They are tiny, the colours do not distinguish themselves, it's impossible to read such a small squiggle.
Please bring back the old bar charts that used to appear at the top of the page in such a clear way.
Garynp
Jogger

well said, i think it will be looking into something different, aside from looking at steps taken and sleep stats it is not useless to me

LaGar
First Steps

I agree!!! This is a major reason I bought the watch in the first place!!

Ams_a89
Jogger

This is one of my biggest problems with this new app.  The old one was so nice to look at and very easy to read with the bar charts and the fun colours.  It was more informative at a glance.  I don't like how it says light, moderate and peak instead of fat burn, cardio and peak. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi there, @Nickyhelp. Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exists on the Product Feedback Board. You can see it here:

We can see that you have shared two more unique ideas here but we ask that you only post one idea per Product Feedback. That way we can keep these boards organized and searchable, in addition to clearly understanding which idea other members are voting for. We have chosen one idea and retitled and labelled this idea accordingly. Please repost your other idea about bringing back the calories intake graph as individual Product Feedback by clicking ‘Add Product Feedback’.

Kkfitness
First Steps

I agree, the new app is visually awful!!!!!!

I loved seeing my heart rate stand in work out with easy to see bright colours and clear map stat's if it was a run, now it is so dissapointing 

JoyMP
Jogger

I look at my steps, but my real goal is making sure I get cardio minutes. With the old app, I could sync and click on the zone minutes and easily see my ring of yellow and orange. Yellow is good, but my goal was always to see more orange on the ring! I can't quickly see that on the new app and I am not interested in scrolling thru all the graphs

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Bubbles_C
First Steps
This morning I find that the legacy design for zone minutes has been replaced by the new design and it’s as horrible as the rest. Colour-coding helped me with my weight loss because I could see at a glance that I didn’t do enough moderate cardio. It’s not accessible. Please stop the rollout on other pages, rethink the changes.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JoyMP, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing the colored rings on the Active Zone Minutes tile back to the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

lupinibean
Jogger

I am genuinely curious about what brings about these changes. Does Fitbit use a focus group? Is there a particular group of people who sit around and think about what changes should be implemented without bothering to do any research with actual users? I have yet to see any positive feedback on the new app interface, with good reason. So many useful features were taken away and the only response I've seen from Fitbit on the "why" of this whole mess is that they wanted to make things "sleeker", which I guess means eliminating previous features, regardless of whether they were helpful? Really, what is the "why" and "how" of the process here? I've been a Fitbit user for over 10 years, starting with the Zip, so I'm used to changes, but this is just a mess. 

tinycharlotte
First Steps

I need the coding to see how my heart is doing as I have a condition. This design is absolutely rubbish and doesn't really give any info. I'll have to seek out another fitness monitor if this is the same. What on earth were they thinking? It's terrible.

tinycharlotte
First Steps

I need to track my heartrate and it there is literally no point having the thing now. The update is dire.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Bubbles_C, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing the Active Zone Minutes colored ring back to the Fitbit app with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

P20001
First Steps

Simply less informative than the last version.

Used to be able to see zone minutes at "x time - x time" and the breakdown during each session. 

IMG_9230.jpg

Now all you see is a single time without a breakdown.

IMG_9836.PNG

IMG_9837.PNG

Montyman
Jogger

Absolute rubbish! Why on earth change specifically what everyone liked. We all liked the detailed information on our exercise and now you’ve given us something specifically designed for five-year-olds. This is simply bad design. Please let us have our old system back and stop faffing with things just for the sake of it.

Sykedog
First Steps

I enjoy my Fitbit as does my my wife hers. However the latest update showing exercise results is not good, actually it sucks!  We both like the color bar showing the intensity of the workout, I.e. custom, peak, cardio, etc.  The new format is visually pleasing and takes more time to decipher.  If the new format stays, then I will not be purchasing another Fitbit and may try to sell my present one and move on to another type of device. We have had four fitbits and have been happy until now. Thanks!  Hope you are listening. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.