Bring back family step challenges

I am very disappointed to learn that Fitbit has discontinued step challenges. My entire family has loved doing these step contests and I have found it to be the top reason for buying each family member a device and whole heartedly endorsing the Fitbit products. Please bring back step challenges for families!
14 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @e1nelson, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about including family step challenges on the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Scappoose
Jogger

I also wish the steps challenges were back on the Fitbit app. This is one of the main reasons I have stayed with Fitbit for so many years.  I am deciding on which brand to purchase as the Charge 3 is getting gold.  Steps challenges will be part of my deciding factor.

LysandraA
First Steps

Everyone don't forget t share with your friends to help with the vote. Also make some noise for it

sleon0604
First Steps

I agree, bring back the step challenges! Several of my family, friends, and I were really disappointed when it was discontinued. We would start these challenges every week, for years. It helped keep us accountable for our own steps and cheer on those who needed support. Please bring it back!

Nnaasz
First Steps

Yes, please bring back the step challenges. They were super motivating!

Lc12togo
First Steps

I agree that removing the friends and family challenge has ruined the whole experience for me owning a Fitbit. I saw the response from the Fitbit representative about it depending on how many people were not happy with the challenge being taken away and how that would be a deciding factor in them bringing it back or not, well I know all my friends and family could not find a place to let Fitbit know how much they wanted the challenge feature to continue. Up until today when I actually found this forum (while trying to find one why my Fitbit once again,second time it’s happened, is showing the wrong dare and time!). So if people can’t find where to let them know how unhappy they are about the removal of the challenge I guess we will never get it back.  At this point I will not buy a third Fitbit! 

JW7878
First Steps

I can't believe they took the challenges away. Why? Was it that difficult to maintain on the app? Certainly is not that difficult. So many people liked it and I had a group of about 8 that would compete. All of the others have completely left fitbit. What are you all doing!?

Lc12togo
First Steps
Most of my family and friends have different brands now also. The only reason I still have mine now is because I bought a newer one to replace my older one just before they ruined Fitbit by taking away the challenge. I can’t afford to switch right now but as soon as I can I will be getting rid of Fitbit. I don’t even bother with the app now unless I have a problem to hopefully find an answer to. That’s how I stumbled on the place to let them know how upset my family is about them taking away the challenge.
Sent from my iPhone
little_me91
Jogger

I still miss challenging friends. This was such motivation. A lot of us did this and even caused us to go for a quick run on a birthday because we had to meet our step goal. I miss this tremendously. This motivation and stick to reach your steps worked for us. I walked so much more in those days. We are now finding out if other smartwatches have this. This is exactly what made Fitbit so interesting and I had hoped Google would bring something back. In short bring back challenging friends 🤞.

CBrady00
First Steps

I would absolutely love the challenges to come back.. it kept me Motivated. Me and all my friends had workweek hustle groups and the competition was great Craic but most importantly made us get more steps in. Now we are all unmotivated and miss the group’s tremendously.. please bring them back 🙏🙏

costerbeck
First Steps

Bring back the challenges!! It kept me motivated and I need them back!

GlassHalfAsleep
Recovery Runner

I agree, I have been with FitBit since 2011! And want to get my folks using too. 

MrsMoo93
First Steps

Definitely! I rejoined fitbit specifically for this and without them I don't see the point in having a fitbit at all

Gamblej
First Steps

Will Fitbit ever bring back the challenges? My friends and I enjoyed them. They helped us meet and beat our goals. When discussing this at work I can not believe how many people are disappointed

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.